Chapter 3

a/n: i'm so sorry.... i didn't realise i haven't updated in so long!!! (i took a xmas + new year break lolll) anyways, it's 2022 — how is this year treating you so far? 

֍֍֍

Chapter 3 — Dickface

Chloe's eyes dart between the two men, nonplussed. Liam is looking at her expectantly still waiting for an answer, while the dickface pretty much drills holes into the side of his supposedly new temp's head.

He then huffs, turning to his long-trusted staff and friend, "Chloe, can you tell me what is this man doing here? Does he want something?"

"I already told you I don't want anything from you!" Liam yells and only realizes a second too late, how much of a bad idea it is, since it looks like the dickface is his boss.

It's fine, he decides almost instantly. There is no way he's going to work for this absolutely nightmare of a man anyways.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to need some context here," Chloe grimaces.

Liam is the one to speak up first, "You know what, I totally get why you guys had to go through so many temps in such a short time. No sane person can ever work for this guy," he completely ignores the said guy and turns to Chloe, who has her arms crossed, an amused expression clear on her face as she listens to Liam, "He is the reason I'm late today. He hit me and then had the audacity to assume that I was drunk,"

Chloe clicks her tongue, looking at Dickface disapprovingly, before turning back to Liam — he isn't done speaking yet.

"Not a word if I'm okay. He just directly assumed I was drunk at fucking 8 am. If anything, I should be the one asking him that, since he's the one who ran into me!"

"Aaron," she turns to the said man, shaking her head slowly.

"What — you believe him over me?" he exclaims, mouth hanging open, "He braked so suddenly. There was no one in front of him,"

"No one?" Liam interrupts, and Chloe raises her hands, stopping both of them before they can continue their very much childlike banter.

Chloe has been working at Patterson-Daniels Associates since the start, and she is married to the company's other boss—Aaron's partner, and is a very good friend of Aaron as well. She overlooks the HR part of the company.

"Aaron, I really think you should apologise to Mr Spencer,"

"No fucking way," he sneers.

And Liam scoffs in tune from her other side, "It's fine. I wouldn't want to work for a dickface like him anyway. I quit," he takes a step back but Chloe quickly stops him.

"Oh no, no, no," she pulls him further into the office, "If anyone is capable working for this guy, it is you. I am certain. And Aaron, if you don't apologise right now, I'll be the one quitting next and good luck finding for a new temp and a HR manager,"

"You've gotta be kidding me," he mutters but complies anyways when he is met with Chloe's challenging gaze — other than not wanting to lose a HR manager, he is also not too keen on answering his partner why his wife has taken such a drastic action with no prior warning.

"I'm sorry for calling you a drunk," and he would have stopped there, it is an okay apology even though he doesn't mean a single word, but seeing the smug smile on Liam's face prompts him to continue, "I should have just called you what you are — an absolutely careless and cluele–,"

"Aaron!" she throws her hands in the air and points a finger at him, eyes narrowed, "I don't care. He is your new temp — find a way to work with him, and if you fire him without a proper reason, you'll have my resignation letter on your desk next,"