Chapter 37

Chapter 37 — A Secret

Going to work the next day feels weird for Liam. He doesn't know about the two other men, but it definitely is for him.

He considers calling in sick for the day, but no, he is not going to do that. He forces himself out of bed, to get ready and out of the house.

How is he supposed to greet them both? Do they pretend as if there's nothing between them? Everyone already knows that he and Jason are going out, so that's fine, but what about Aaron? And he's their boss too. It will definitely draw considerable attention, that's for sure. Why the fuck did they not discuss all this yesterday night?

Yesterday night's events filter into his mind and oh, okay.

But they really should have talked about it.

Luckily for Liam (or maybe not), his next course of actions has been set for him. He finds both the men in the parking lot. By the way both of their attention affix to the car the moment he drives in, it's obvious they have been waiting for him.

"Hey?" he greets them questioningly upon getting out of the car and joining them.

He notices the sullen look on Jason's face and furrows his eyebrows. Aaron has his arms crossed and gives him a disapproving look.

"You're late," is the first thing he says to him.

Liam rolls his eyes; he cannot believe he is dating this insufferable jerk now, "By three minutes. And you guys aren't in the office either,"

"That's because we have to talk,"

"And by talk, he means he's going to tell us what to do and we have to comply to it," Jason clarifies grudgingly.

Liam looks between the two of them questioningly before adding his own statement, "Seems like you two have already had the talk,"

"Again, you're late,"

Rolling his eyes, he ignores Aaron and directs his full attention on Jason, "What did he say?"

"He wants to pretend that we aren't together,"

Liam nods. He can see why Aaron would want that, but–

"Are you okay with that?" he asks Jason.

"Obviously not," he scoffs.

"Neither am I," he shrugs and then clasps his hands together, rubbing them, "Two against one; I don't think I need to explain more regarding what we're going to do,"

"You guys can't just come to a decision like that," Aaron exclaims.

"Why not?" surprisingly it is Jason who challenges him.

"Because it concerns me too and I'm not okay with it,"

"You were basically instructing me not minutes ago forgoing my own feelings about it," Jason doesn't waste his time in pointing that out — he has to be really pissed to be direct like this.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Lesson learnt,"

"I'll accept your apology,"

"Alright," Liam interrupts their lovers quarrel to refocus their attention, "What do you suppose we do now? We can't obviously discuss all the details now,"

Jason sighs, "I can be okay with pretending for today. Only for today though. We will continue this discussion later and come to an agreement that is appealing to all of us,"

"Yeah, I am okay with that," Liam nods, followed by Aaron.

֍֍֍

There isn't a single time when Liam didn't catch Aaron looking at him. The man's eyes seem to be glued to him.