Chapter 38

a/n: my belated christmas wishes to those who celebrates and happy holidays to everyone !!!

~ also i've completed this story and i'm going to update all the chapters today so make sure you read them by order, okay. and don't get confused. 

֍֍֍

Chapter 38 — Our Boyfriend

Just when Liam starts to think that nothing can go wrong in his life anymore, everything does.

It starts with a phone call from his mother when he was out with Aaron and Jason.

She never really calls him unless it's an emergency, so he picks up the phone, already wary.

"Hello," her voice comes out with very poorly veiled worry.

"Hey. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, no. Have you by any chance seen your sister?"

"Rylee?" he stands up from the couch, signalling with a finger to the two men who have moved their attention from the television to him and moves a little further away, "Uh, I saw her this morning before I left for work. Why?"

"Did you see her any time after that?"

"No. I haven't been back. Mom, what's going on? Where's Rylee?"

He hears her sigh, "I don't know. I got a call from the school. She didn't pick up the kids either, I just got them. And we're at the house now. It's unlocked, but she's not here. Her car's still here too. But I cannot find Rylee,"

"What? Shit," he curses, "I'm coming back right now. Where are the kids? Are they okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. I told them she went to the supermarket. Tania didn't ask any questions after that, but..." her voice drops a few tones, "... Claude's not convinced. They're okay though. I'm going to make them dinner. Find Rylee, please. I've tried calling her — she's not picking up her phone,"

"Okay, okay. Did you check if she left any notes or anything?"

"I checked. There's nothing,"

"Okay. I'll call you when I find her. Don't worry,"

Only when he ends the call, he realises that both Aaron and Jason have followed him and are looking at him rather intently. Jason is the one to first say anything.

"Is everything okay?"

"Mm-hmm," he nods, walking part them towards the door, collecting his car keys, "I have to go back right now. I'll call you guys later,"

"Wait. What's going on? Just tell us," Jason persuades again.

Liam goes to insist once again that nothing was wrong, when Aaron simply shrugs, saying, "We're coming along by the way,"

"What?" he turns to him surprised.

"It's obvious that something is going on. So, we're coming along,"

Liam does not know why he didn't just tell them in the first place. It is something that he always does, he figures. He never shares his problems, not wanting to burden anyone. And he does not accept help easily either. Maybe it's a good thing he has a stubborn man like Aaron and a persistent man like Jason in his life right now. He knows they are not going to leave his side that easily.

And so, he tells them what has happened.

Immediately, Aaron offers to drive him, and Jason offers to cover the other part of town, hoping to find his sister as fast as they can. Liam informs him of the place she could possibly be, and Jason assures him that he'll double check every single place he comes across and keep him informed.