Chapter 41

Chapter 41 — Moving In

It has been a while since Liam had to make a big decision for himself. Maybe that's why he is so hesitant and sceptical about himself.

He does not trust himself, to be frank.

But then also... he does. He is very well aware how he feels. And there's not even the slightest gut feeling that something might go wrong. That has to mean something, right?

He hasn't given Jason an answer. And the man is as understanding as ever; he did not push for an immediate answer either.

He picks up his phone and calls the other person he thinks would be able to clear up his scepticism at least a little — or that's what he's hoping.

Aaron picks up on the first ring, "I was just thinking about you," he says as greeting.

Liam instantly fills up with warmth and his lips curve up in response, "Really, what about?"

"About how you're probably freaking out right now,"

That steals away his smile, and he is now frowning, "I'm not freaking out,"

"Sure," there is a smugness to his voice which momentarily reminds Liam why he found this man very much annoying initially, "So why did you call me?"

"What — I can't just call my boyfriend to check up on him?"

"Mhmm, sure," he is making it very hard for Liam to tolerate him.

"So, what's up? Had your dinner?"

"Yes, pasta,"

"Ooh, you cooked,"

"Nah, takeout,"

"You know instead of wasting your money on takeout, you can very easily learn how to cook,"

"I can't be bothered to cook just for own person,"

"Lazy bum," Liam teases, while at the same time furiously looking for another topic to keep this light-hearted conversation going on — his mind is predominantly preoccupied with one topic and it's rather impossible for him to keep up this pretence that he is calm and not at all bothered.

"Liam," Aaron calls out suddenly.

"Yeah," Liam's throat has suddenly gone dry and he has to clear it.

"I'm not going to tease you. Just tell me what you wanted to say,"

Liam thought his will power is stronger than that, but seems like that is the only encouragement he needed. He confesses readily what it is he wanted to actually talk about.

"You know what Jason asked me,"

"I do,"

"Wh– What am I supposed to do now?"

Aaron lets out a sharp breath, probably from controlling his oncoming laughter. Liam rolls his eyes, partially annoyed, and partially amused himself.

"Shut up,"

"Hey, I haven't said anything yet,"

"Just a minor reminder that you said you won't tease me,"

"Duly noted, and what do you mean what you're supposed to do now?"

"It's just very sudden,"

"I'm sorry — should he have sent you a post warning letter beforehand?"

Liam simply shrugs, "I wouldn't have minded that to be honest,"

Aaron lets out a small chuckle this time, "Oh, Liam,"

"What?"

"C'mon, be honest now. I won't tell this to anyone if you don't want to. What do you really want?"

"Oh, I want a lot of things–"

Aaron cuts him off mid-sentence with an audible sigh, "I meant with your situation with Jason — do you want to move in with him or not?"

Liam takes some time to think this over. There is only answer in his mind and he is almost sure about it but there's just this one small nagging worry in his head that he can't quite get rid of.

"Isn't it too soon though?"

"So, what if it is?" Aaron contradicts his question within a second.

"I just... don't want anything to go wrong," he admits at last.

"Okay," surprisingly the other man is very patient in tending to his concerns — he will be lying if he said he didn't expect him to be annoyed with him, "What do you think can go wrong?"

"He can not like living with me,"

"Do you think he would have asked you if he thought so?"

"No,"

"There you go," he establishes clearly, but still Liam doesn't feel fully convinced, and maybe Aaron senses that too, since he continues with a small sigh, "The only question that really matters right now is what you wanna do — do you wanna move in with him or not?"

Before he answers that question, he still does have a small worry, "What about you?"

"What about me?" Aaron asks back.

"Wouldn't it feel weird to you?"

"Why would it?"

"You know why,"

"Not really," he admits easily, "I'm just happy for you guys. And we just started dating; I don't think we're at the stage where we can all live together yet. I'm sure that will give you a heart attack instead,"

Liam scoffs, rolling your eyes, "Fuck you,"

"So, what is the verdict now?"

Liam may still not be fully free of worries, but his answer hasn't really changed since the start which has to mean that that is what he really wants. And so, taking in a deep breath, he admits, "Yeah, I will move in with him,"

֍֍֍