Chapter 40

Chapter 40 — You Need To Calm Down

Liam cannot sleep that night. Instead, he is sitting on the floor, staring at a scribbled notepad, a calculator and his phone by his side. Although he is alone in the room, technically he is not alone — both Aaron and Jason are connected on the video call on his phone.

"You're seriously messing up my sleep schedule here, Liam," Aaron complains.

Lima rolls his eyes, "How very supportive of you. Especially after you told me that I'm out of job in a month,"

"Hey, that's not fair,"

"Really, guys. Do you have to bicker over call too?" Jason interferes, shaking his head, "And Liam, darling, it's been an hour. What exactly are we doing right now?"

"So, I have calculated my back balance, added my personal savings too — hopefully it'll be enough for me to pay deposit and rent a place. Now I need to find potential places for me to rent and also job propositions,"

Aaron yawns, rubbing his eyes, "And we have to do that at 1 am — why?"

"Because I don't think I have enough time,"

"Isn't this how your sister was a few hours ago?" Jason questions.

"Totally different situation,"

"Sure," Jason nods seemingly agreeing but not really, "Get up," he says suddenly.

"What?"

"You heard me — get up from the floor,"

"Do I have to get up too?" Aaron mumbles from the other end, his voice gradually growing lower and he is really struggling to even keep his eyes open.

Jason smiles lightly at the sight and shakes his head, "No, you stay in your bed. I'm just going to get this baby in his bed too,"

Liam scowls, "I'm not a baby," but still proceeds to get in his bed, pulling the covers over his body up to his chest, "Are you going to read me a bedtime story now?"

Jason shrugs lightly, "I thought you said you weren't a baby?"

They hear a soft snoring sound and see that sleep has finally won over Aaron. Both of them chuckle, and Liam sighs, "Jason?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I say something?"

"You know you can,"

"Although I'm super stressed right now, I'm actually quite happy too,"

Jason smiles, "That's good, isn't it?"

He nods, "I never thought I could feel this way," he admits, and then with a smile, he adds, "But because of you two, I'm happier than I could have ever imagined,"

"I know. I love you,"

Liam's smile grows wider, "I love you too,"

"Now, go to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Okay, mommy. Goodnight,"

Jason simple rolls his eyes, shaking his head, before ending the call. And before long, sleep wins over Liam too.

֍֍֍

Liam is woken up by his sister that morning with a steamy mug of coffee in her hand. "Good morning," she greets him.

Liam rubs his eyes before sitting up, yawning, "Good morning," he greets back, graciously accepting the mug.

"I thought about it," she gets straight to the point.