Chapter 18

Chapter 18 — Why Jason

"Top of the morning to ya,"

Liam hears a voice greet him as soon as he gets out of his car at the parking lot in front of his office building — a voice that has him smiling very wildly. He turns and as expected, he spots Jason three cars over. He waves at him and Liam waves back and waits until they are closer to say:

"No," he wrinkles his nose, "Please never say that again,"

Jason nods, scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, it sounded much cooler in my head,"

"No," Liam just says again, laughing and shaking his head. Coyly, he reaches out and holds his hand. Elevating himself on his toes, he leans in and places a chaste kiss on his lips, and then says, "Good morning,"

It is more than satisfying seeing how red Jason's face has turned. He is truly like a large teddy bear but all muscular. He quickly looks around them and turning back to Liam, he asks:

"You don't care if someone sees us?"

"Um, no. Not really," and then a beat later, "Do you? I'm sorry, but are you like closeted or..."

"No! No no no. It's just I thought–," he lets out a quick exhale, shaking his head, "Never mind what I thought," and he kisses Liam back, and replies, "Good morning to you too,"

"See, now that sounds much better,"

Someone clears their throat behind them and Jason is the one who first sees them, and as soon as he does, he quickly steps back from Liam and looks away as if he's been caught doing something wrong. Curious as to what has yielded that sort of reaction from him, he turns around and almost let out a groan when he sees who it is.

It is none other than his dickface of a boss. Liam is aware that they are on some sort of spoken-unspoken truce right now, but still he is allowed to be annoyed to see him, right? He just ruined a moment between him and his new boyfriend here.

A part of him also wonders why seeing their boss has gotten Jason so unsettled.

"Good morning," Jason says to Aaron but his eyes don't quite meet his, Liam notices and to Liam, he does look at him, but not for long, "I'll catch you later, okay," placing a quick kiss on his cheek, he turns around and walks away before Liam can even say anything.

That's weird, Liam thinks to himself, and shrugging to himself, he is about to walk away too when he hears Aaron clear his throat again.

"Got something stuck inside your mouth?" Liam raises his eyebrows at him.

"Someone's very cheery this morning,"

Liam just rolls his eyes at that, "Do you need anything?"

Aaron shrugs, inserting a hand into the pocket of his pants, and gestures forward with the other. Both of them start walking towards the building side by side.

"Just wanted to remind you of our company policies. Once again,"

Liam has to stifle a sigh and decides to play ignorance, "What policies?"

"The one about no frolicking between colleagues,"

"Frolicking?" Liam guffaws, "Seriously?" as much as he tries, he cannot contain his laughter.

"Okay," they step into the lift right then, and Aaron presses the button for their floor. There's only one other man with them. Liam tries to keep his laughter to a minimum, "The policy where it states there to be no romantic relations between co-workers," he whispers.