Chapter 14

Chapter 14 – Sex Carnival

Liam wakes with an elongated groan, holding the back of his head with his hands. He hasn't opened his eyes; even with the curtains drawn shut, his head is throbbing. And the incessant ringing of the doorbell does not help at all as well. He just shut off his phone because it won't stop ringing and now it's the fucking doorbell.

"Uhh, fuck me," he mumbles out, kicking the sheets off his body and standing up.

He did not go to work today — he had decided about that the previous night itself and left Chloe a message regarding his absence. He also had dropped off the kids at his parents', requesting that they look after them for one day, and they instantly agreed. Liam prefers to think it's because they adore their grandkids so much and not because of the worry that overtook their features once they saw him.

He is fine. He is absolutely fine.

He just needed a night to let loose. He does not care that his ex-fiancé is such a needy brat. He does not care that he was cheated on. And he definitely does not that he is the one who got dumped in the end, even though he cannot see any mistake on his part. Nope, he does not care at all.

And that is what Liam told himself as he downed the drinks one by one last night and now, he can't even stand or see straight. However somehow, he manages to get out of his room, climb down the stairs.

"I'm coming," he yells and then groans to himself at his own loud voice.

Liam is not alone though. It looks like Rylee, his sister is up and surprisingly about.

"I got it. Don't worry," she cuts in before him and opens the door wide.

Liam doesn't even have time to show his surprise about his sister being up or see who the early and insistent guest at the door is before a flurry of balloons and bouquets and cakes none of which Liam recalls ever asking for stream in. And that is not even the worst part.

"Um," Rylee stands pressed against the wall by the door, letting the flurry of people carrying varying things in and out, "What is going on?"

And just as she asks that, a rather muscly man with no shirt on steps in and exclaims, "Happy Birthday, Rylee!" he whips out a banner and confetti bursts out at the same time.

"Shit," Liam curses, realisation slowly setting in, "Shit, shit, shit,"

It is Rylee's birthday today. How can he have forgotten it? He's been looking forward to it and planning for it, and still somehow, in the midst of everything else, he forgot about it.

Fuck.

This — whatever commotion is going on in the house, has nothing to do with Liam. He has no idea what is going at all.

"You did this?" Rylee asks, looking around with wide eyes, and taking in their living room which has now temporarily transformed into something that looks like a sex carnival. Yes, a sex carnival.

The balloons' shapes consist of penis, tits and some weird shape that Liam presumes is supposed to be vagina. And as if that's not enough there is even a couple of naked blow-up toys. The bouquets have chocolates which are designed to look like all kinds of private parts. And there are cakes and candies and lollies and none of them look decent.

Liam rubs his forehead, his headache growing ten-fold worse.

He grabs a guy, walking past him and hisses at him, "Who asked for all this?"

"A Mr Liam Spencer?" referring to a pad he has in his hand.

"That would be me and I don't remember booking any of this,"