CH.8. BOND

Sahadev fidgeted. He had an idea but it was something too close to Adharma.

However, he decided to tell Evi his plan to make things right, and let her decide whether to follow it or not.

" Devika" Sahadev said in the softest tone possible. " they need a leader"

" I know" Evi said as tears of frustration started welling up her eyes. " But I can't-" She massaged her temples as she tried to comprehend everything that had happened. "WHY KRISHNA! WHY AM I BEING PUNISHED LIKE THIS"

" I have a plan"

" This is not a fucking war zone that needs a 'plan'" Evi rubbed her eyes to ease the hammering migraine she was getting from all the ruckus.

" Just listen to me" Sahadev pulled her into a corner while the other pandavas and Ghatotkach joined them.

" I can revive Hridasura" Sahadev said. "Its actually pretty easy because he is half human and half demon"

"So? He is very weak? Even if he is revived no one would follow his lead Kakashree" Ghatotkach replied.

"Yes I know. But they will follow him if he has a strong partner. Just like people follow Hidimba's order till Ghatotkach grows up to be a perfect king"

The group stayed silent for a moment.

"Sahadev I am really not liking where you are going with this" Arjun chimed in.

"Its the easiest way out"

"Why not mix this tribe with Hidimba's?" Bheem added.

"Tribes don't work that way Pitashree. They will get eaten alive the moment they enter our tribe"

"But this is wrong isn't it?" Arjun said, almost getting scared of where all this discussion was leading.

"Bhrata Bheem did the same. Why cannot Devika? Demons don't differentiate over gender. The only thing they believe is power"

The group looked at Evi for an answer.

" I think its a good idea" she concluded.

"Huh?" Arjun and Bheem questioned Evi's sanity.

"Devika why would you ruin your life by marrying a demon?" Arjun said which made Bheem punch him in the gut. "I mean a demon who's weaker- I mean tried to abduct you ... Shit" Arjun tried to rectify his sentences but it only made Bheem more and more angry as everyone of them applied for Hidimba herself.

"Arjun calm down, I don't care about such things. I just don't want the other demons of the tribe to suffer" Evi answered leaving the Pandavas shocked.

"You don't care that you will have to share your life with a demon?" Arjun asked.

"Share my life? What are you saying?"

" I mean.... he will be your husband-"

" And Hidimba's Bheem's wife. I don't see him 'spending his life' with her"

"Bu- but-"

" Look I really wanted to belive it , but I can't. There's no way this person is a woman" Bheem again started with his doubts.

" Bhrata please, give it a rest" Sahadev protested in a tired manner.

" If for you I am not a woman because I won't be with my husband, then you are not a man because you are not satisfying your wife" Evi spat at Bheem's face. Even though his remarks weren't really effective, hearing the same thing over and over made Evi want to punch the life out of the pea brained Hulk bodied Pandava.