CH.51. FIVE FOR FIVE

"Wait, let me call Hridasura here. He hasn't yet introduced me to his wives you know?" Evi complained to the serpent Mother as she called onto her husband. "Hridasura!?"

"THANK GOODNESS YOU CALLED ME!" Hridasura didn't even spare a breath before shouting, "RAJKUMARI DRAUPADI IS IN TROUBLE!!!"

"WHAT!?" Evi stood up in shock as the spectators tilted their head in confusion. "What the hell are you talking about!?"

"We don't have much time! My group has been slaughtered already. Angraj Karna, Rajkumari Dusshala and Rajkumar Dhristhdyumn has gone to help her. But they have been severely outnumbered! Let's GO!"

Hridasura tugged at Evi's hand and jumped into her shadow as both travelled to the cave in a blink.

"What in the name of-" Evi's eyes widened as she saw the numerous dead body fallen in front of the cave.

"Follow me My Queen" Hridasura ran inside the cave as Evi followed him.

"Rajkumari Draupadi is being kept hostage by the demon Jaraakhshar. He is the son of Asuri Jara, who's also the one who put together Magadhraj Jarasandh"

"Who CARES! Let's just go and save Draupadi!" Evi didn't even wait to analyse Hridasura's words.

"IT MATTERS A LOT! CAN'T YOU SEE?? THIS IS A WHOLE POLITICAL PLOT-- WATCH OUT!" Hridasura stopped Evi from running towards Draupadi any further.

"What? Why are you stopping me?" Evi aggressively pushed away Hridasura but that made her aware of the forcefield around the mandap.

Her eyes then caught a glance of Drishthdyumn fighting against a horde of demons and in another corner, Karna fighting off Jarasandh.

But before she could even come to a conclusion as to what the force field meant or to go which way to help, another horde of demons attacked them.

Obviously, Evi hadn't forgotten how unfathomably huge a demons' family can be but this time, she didn't have her arm. And right now, she knew she had atleast two weaknesses present around her.

"That field ensures that whoever exits it, is married!!" Hridasura quickly answered before both of them engaged in fight with Jara's demons.

But time was not on their side. She could see Draupadi's unconscious body being laid down beside the mandap and the demon sat beside her, giving a teethy grin to his subordinates.

Evi panicked as her head blurred with emotions. Muscle memory took over as she fought off the demons and backed up Hridasura, while also trying to come up with a plan to execute. She could leave and enter the force field, hoping that just like every curse and boon, this won't work on her either. But she didn't want to leave Hridasura's side either. She watched the fallen soldiers from his clan painting the walls of the cave red, and just couldn't shake off the feeling that Hridasura's fate would be similar if she left his side.

"PUPPETS!!!" An idea hit Evi's mind. She pushed off the demons surrounding her and Hridasura, and pulled him into a corner just to get a second to relay her ideas. "Get your puppets, buy us enough time! The Pandavas are on their way here too!! We will figure something out later but till then, we need to ensure that the marriage doesn't happen"

Hridasura's eyes lit up too as he realised that the plan could actually work. He summoned his strongest puppets, and as the skillful puppeteer he was, he made all of them barge into the forcefield simultaneously, making the demons go berserk at the sudden attack.

To Evi's horror however, the demons who were at first staying outside the forcefield were called inside to fight off the puppets.

The puppets were thus deemed useless, but atleast the marriage was still getting delayed as Hridasura summoned even more puppets to attack.