CH.44. FAMILY

Evi walked out of Duryodhan's room before Shakuni could interrogate her any further. It was madness, she should be the one interrogating them.

" Why do all this? Isn't Karna very powerful? Isn't Dronacharya a great warrior? They have a hundred of unmarried men! They can easily overpower the neighbouring kingdoms just by making marriage alliances-"

"We need to tell her!" Sahadev nudged his twin as they stood in front of Evi's room.

"But Jyesth has strictly told us to not inform her! We cannot defy his orders!" Nakul whined as he fought off Sahadev's pushes.

" Ugh I know! But I cannot see this enemity between them. I don't know why Jyesth is hiding so much from Devika, but if we just come up with a plan to let her know about all this without directly telling her-"

"Telling what?" Evi asked as she could hear their whispers from meters away. "If Yudhishthir has asked to not tell me something, its better to keep silent. I don't want to interfere in your business anymore"

Evi walked up to the twins who had stiffened at their positions. She was was going to walk past them, but remembered that she hadn't apologised to them personally.

"Nakul, Sahadev, I genuinely apologise for the ruckus I created. It... really messed with your plans. And don't worry, I am not angry at your brother. Although I will miss my arm, I am pretty capable of moving around without it, so its fine" Evi sported a tired smile. "But yea... It was a shock that your brother asked for it. Even when we were in the forest, he never enquired about it. It was always Arjun or you two who seemed to be interested in it. Even Bheem sometimes. I don't understand what made him do so"

"That's the thing DEVIKA!" Sahadeva held Evi by her shoulders and shook her a bit.
"Jyesth did it to keep it safe!"

"Excuse me?" Evi's brows knitted in confusion. "Was it not safe with me?"

"Jyesth did it to keep the arm safe from Bhrata Duryodhan!" Sahadev said as another nudge came from Nakul. The Pandavas found it really hard to not follow orders from their elders.

"Duryodhan was only thinking of my well being" Evi retorted.

"Really Devika? You believe him?" Sahadev scoffed. " Yes, he was probably doing it for you, but you weren't the only reason. He has his eyes on the throne. He has his eyes on power. Did you forget the terms kept by him?"

"He asked Shikha to train the army for Hastinapur and for my weapons-" Evi's eyes widened. Amongst the chaos and shock, her mind couldn't comprehend any other term. Duryodhan had asked Shikha to train the army for the weapons inside her arm.The arm, with inbuilt 3D space had everything, guns, rifles, bombs, tanks, even nuclear weapons. "Shit"

"He has been planning to do so for a long time. We gathered intel over the past two months. But we didn't know such situations would arise. Jyesth only took your arm and kept it with Rajkumari to reduce his command over it, but it seems that Bhrata Duryodhan and Mamashree Shakuni came up with a new plan" Nakul continued in place of his brother.

" Fuckkkk" Evi massaged her temples again. " I still don't understand a lot of things. How did Duryodhan come to know about my weapons? I have NEVER used any of the guns except that time in forest when we fell into the pit. "

"We think somehow.... Hridasura is involved" Sahadev mumbled.

"WHAT!?" Evi shrieked but was quickly shushed by the twins who then led her inside the room.

"On the other hand, it seems that someone is telling the Kauravas about our plans... and it all boils down to.... Rajkumari Draupadi. "

"Don't go blaming her" Evi growled. "Why would you even inform her of such things? She's not even a part of this household. Its completely your fault if anyone of you had exposed the ideas to her"