Chapter 14: "The drawings"

-“Yes, Alexandra” I smiled and awkwardly looked down, “Will you be my girlfriend?” I said, she cupped my cheek and kissed me.

-“Yes, I will” I don’t think I’ve ever been happier, I hugged her and laid my head on her chest. When I pulled away she was smiling.

-“You need to take a shower, you smell like pizza” I chuckled and she looked at me shocked and amused.

-“And you are covered in flour”

-“Well, whose fault is that?” She chuckled.

-“I guess we both need to take a shower then” She said and waited for my reaction.

I wanted to shower with her more than anything, but I was too self-conscious about my body. She must have sensed that I felt uncomfortable with the idea because she kissed my cheek.

-“I’ll go first” She said smiling and I nodded. She went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her, and I went and threw myself on the couch. Ugh, how could I let my insecurities take over?

I went into the kitchen and got some ice for my eye and sat back down on the couch, I was still in pain, but it had gotten better, plus Alexandra managed to lift my mood. I got up to get to the kitchen again, and that’s when she walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, she turned to look at me and smiled. She went into the bedroom and came out a few minutes later, she was wearing her pj’s and her wet hair were falling on her shoulders.

-“Don’t you dry your hair?” she shook her head no

-“I let them dry naturally” I moved closed and put my hands on her waist.

-“You look amazing” She pecked my lips. “Uhm, could you give me a towel and perhaps some clothes?” She nodded and we went into her room. She handed me some pjs and two towels and led me to the bathroom.

-“If you need anything give me a shout” she smiled and I nodded.

She left and closed the door behind her. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped in the shower. The water pressure was amazing and the water was warm. I glanced down at my body, there were bruises spread on it and I hated the way it looked in general, even without the bruises. I never liked the way I looked and I’ve always hated my body. I let a few tears roll down my cheek and went on with my shower.

Once I was done I smelled just like Alexandra. I dried my body and hair and wore the clothes she gave me, thankfully they were baggy. I walked out and into the living room. I sat on the couch next to her and leaned my head on her shoulder.

-“What’s wrong?”

-“Nothing” I shrugged

-“Is something bothering you?”

-“Yes, but I don’t feel like talking about it, I’m sorry” Last thing I wanted was for her to know how much I was struggling with my body image.

-“If it has anything to do with me, I’m sorry”

-“No, it’s nothing like that” She nodded and put her hand around me, I nuzzled on her and she kissed the top of my head. We watched an action movie that was playing on the tv.

-“So, what do you do in your free time?” She asked breaking the silence.

-“I read books, play video games, and I like to draw”

-“You like to draw? Me too” she said excited and I looked at her surprised.

-“That’s awesome, do you have any to show me?” She nodded and we got up, I followed her to another door, she opened it and it was a home office, it had two bookcases and a desk, the room looked pretty empty, on the walls were hanging different types and sizes of paintings. She went to the desk and opened a drawer, she pulled out a sketchbook and a few loose papers and place them on the desk, I walked next to her and she handed the sketchbook to me.