Chapter 15: "Tough day?"

The week passed by pretty fast, Alex drove me to my house on Tuesday after school and I got my ps5, my books, and some clothes and shoes.

My friends kept asking me to meet them during the week but I asked them to wait until next week. Things between Alex and me were going well, but I could tell she wanted us to get intimate, I didn’t want her to realize that I’m so insecure.

It was now Friday and I was waiting for her to come back from work, I was bored out of my mind. I had finished all my homework and caught up with all the missed schoolwork.

I heard the door open and jumped up, she entered the living room and I hugged her and pecked her lips, she looked tired

-“Tough day at work?”

-“Yes, the kids were impossible to deal with, I hate Fridays” She cried out and I took her jacket and bags and put them on the couch.

-“How about you go take a hot shower and I’ll cook?” Her look softened and a small smile appeared on her lips.

-“You’d do that?”

-“Of course babe”

-“Babe? You are full of surprises today” She smiled and I pecked her lips.

I put her coat in the closet and her bag in her office and went into the kitchen. I made Creamy chicken with mushrooms, she came into the kitchen just as I was serving us.

-“It smells amazing”

-“I hope it tastes the same” I said

We sat down to eat, I took the first bite and I was impressed by my skills.

-“Damn, I’m good at cooking” I exclaimed and she started laughing.

-“You sure are, maybe I should let you cook more often”

-“You should” We ate and I took the dishes to the sink. “You should go take a nap” She nodded and went into the bedroom. I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and the bathroom, I also tidied the living room, it took me an hour and a half to get everything done. I let her sleep for another half-hour and then I decided to wake her up.

-“Alex” I said, but she didn’t answer “Babe?” I said again, but still no answer, I leaned over her and kissed her cheek “Babe” She stirred a little “Alex” I said and caressed her arm, she opened her eyes and smiled, she reached out and pulled me down to a hug.

-“I love waking up to the sight of you”

I felt my heart beating faster and butterflies erupted in my stomach as she said that, I tightened my hug, I wanted to be with her and only her. I lay next to her and laid my head on her chest, hearing her heart beat felt great, being with her, in general, felt great. I don’t think it’s just a stupid crush. She caressed my head and I felt so overwhelmed with feelings, I wish I could show her how much I like her.

My phone rang and I sat up on the bed, I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it.

-“Dude, please tell us you are ok, we are worried, we went by your house but you weren’t there” It was Marcus.

-“I’m staying at my mom’s friend’s house, that’s why, I’m ok now”

-“We are meeting for coffee tomorrow morning” He directed and I let out a sigh

-“Ok”

-“I’ll text you when and where”

-“k, bye”

-“bye”

I turned to look at Alex and she smiled at me and caressed my cheek.

-“Your friends care about you”