Chapter 39: "Will you marry me?"

-"Baby come on, we are going to be late"

-"I'm sorry my love, I can't find my phone"

-"I got it" She rushed, dragging her suitcase, she stopped at the door and pecked my lips.

We loaded our stuff in the taxi and it drove us to the airport.

After I graduated college, we decided to take a trip to Italy, with our families and friends. Sofia, Rachel, Marcus, my mum and her parents were waiting for us at the airport. I was the one to arrange that trip, I wanted to meet the rest of her family and get to know more about Italy.

-"I'm sorry we are late, my beautiful girlfriend took a while to get ready" I pecked her lips and she shoved me playfully.

Our flight to Italy was long but quiet and we were asleep most of the time.

I started learning Italian last year, I was still learning, but I could understand a lot of stuff and I also spoke a little.

When we landed, we took a cab to Rome, where our hotel and her family were. I was getting a little nervous. She held my hand as we walked into our hotel room.

We left our stuff and went to her family's house. They all greeted us happily and we spend the rest of the day with them. When we finally went back to the hotel, we were exhausted and fell asleep immediately.

The next day we walked around Rome and she showed us a bunch of stuff.

We went back to our hotel room and changed into our suits, I told her we would be going to a fancy restaurant. I wore a black striped suit with a black turtleneck and she wore a navy suit with a white shirt.

I told her I wanted to take a few photos and we made our way to Piazza di Spagna.

We walked up the stairs, where our family and friends were gathered and waiting for us. She looked at me confused and I felt as if my heart was going to explode.

I kissed her hand and kneeled, I took the box with the ring out of my pocket and saw her eyes widen.

-"Alexandra, ever since I met you, I'm happier than I've ever been. You stood by my side when things weren't easy, you risked for me, and you loved me I felt unlovable. When I look at you, I don't just see my beautiful girlfriend, I see the world, my whole world. I see my present and my future. I love you with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life, proving it to you, and making you happy. Alexandra Miller, will you make me the happiest woman on earth and marry me?" Tears were rolling down our cheeks.

She stared at me in disbelief and I felt my heart stopping for a second.

-"Yes, Yes, A thousand times Yes" She nodded frantically, I put the ring on her finger and she pulled me up and kissed me.

That kiss was different than all the others.

We hugged tightly, with tears rolling down our cheeks.

-"I love you so freaking much Emma" We pulled away and our friends came running to us, we ended up in a group hug.

Everyone congratulated us and we went to the restaurant I made a reservation to celebrate.

-"How did you even set this whole thing up?"

-"Sofia helped me" I smiled

-"You are so perfect baby" She pecked my lips "And thank you Sof" She hugged her.

We spent the rest of our days exploring Rome, me, my fiancé, and our friends and family. I heard her argue in Italian and it was the hottest thing ever.

Me and my fiancé.

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

We got married shortly after, back in the states, with only our family and friends. It was a beautiful ceremony and we got to share it with our loved ones.