Chapter 37: "The graduation"

Alex had to help with the graduation ceremony, so we didn't have much time together during the week.

We didn't have to go to school on Wednesday and Thursday, so I went out for coffee with my friends instead.

Alex on the other hand had a lot on her plate, we video-chatted a couple of times during the week and one day she fell asleep during the call.

I wore a beige pair of suit pants and a white shirt, I put my gown on top and styled my hair. I wore my favorite watch and a couple of rings and slipped on my black dress shoes. I got a completely new outfit for the occasion. I wore the cap and made my way into the living room, where my mum was waiting for me with her camera in hand.

She made me pose and took a bunch of pictures of me.

-"You look amazing Emma" She hugged me. "I can't believe my little baby is graduating high-school"

-"I'm not that little mum"

-"You will always be my little baby" The bell rang, I opened the door and it was my friends with their parents. Our parents thought that it would be a good idea if we met up and did a photoshoot together before the ceremony.

They made us stand in different places around the house and snapped an endless amount of pictures.

-"Oh my god, can we get going already?" Marcus groaned and we agreed with him.

When we finally got to the school, we rushed to our seats, because the ceremony was about to start. My eyes searched for Alex, but she was nowhere to be seen. She walked on stage and handed a microphone to the principal.

She was wearing a black suit with a black t-shirt instead of a shirt and white sneakers. She looked really good in that suit. We locked eyes and a smile appeared on her face.

The principal started calling names and I felt my heart beating faster in my chest.

Marcus was called and I knew it would soon be my turn. We cheered as loud as we could as he walked on stage. He shook hands with all the teachers, then with the principal who also handed him his diploma, he got his picture taken and walked off.

A few minutes after they called my name.

I walked up to the stage and my hands were shaking, I was nervous. My friends and family cheered so loud, that people were staring at them.

-"Congratulations Emma" Alex said as I shook her hand. Her handshake was firm, but her hand was soft.

-"Thank you Ms. Miller" I shook the principal's hand, took my diploma, and rushed off the stage.

At Rachel's turn, we also cheered as loud as we could.

We heard what the valedictorian had to say.

-"Congratulations class of 2023" We threw our caps in the air and my friends and I hugged as tightly as we could.

Our parents came to congratulate us and then we had to search for our caps because they obviously wanted to take more pictures. I was looking on the ground for it, when someone tapped my shoulder.

-"Are you looking for this?" She handed me my cap, smiling.

-"Thank you" She mouthed I love you, before proceeding to congratulate some other students.

We spent thirty minutes taking pictures before we told our parents that we wanted to leave. It was too hot outside and we were all sweating. We decided to go to a nice restaurant to celebrate.

When we got there, Alex was waiting for us at the door. I pulled her into a hug and pecked her lips.

-"How did you get here?"