Chapter 26: "He found out"

I woke up on Monday and got dressed, the weather was getting warmer, so I decided to wear a pair of brownish baggy jeans with a sleeveless vest and my white air-force. The day passed awfully slow. I can’t wait for school to finish for good.

The rest of the week was boring and Alex and I didn’t get to spend much time together. She was helping students with their college applications and I was preparing mine too. I decided I wanted to study English lit. and a nearby college had a really good program.

On Sunday I finally send the college applications. I hope I’ll get in.

The next week was boring as well. Alex was busy preparing tests and the teaching material and I was busy studying. On Thursday, when I came back from school, my dad was waiting for me behind the door.

-“Hey, is everything alright?” I ask confused

-“Shut the fuck up and explain to me why did my friend Andrew tell me that his son got suspended because of you?” As soon as I realized what he was talking about, I felt my heart beating faster in my chest.

-“He…He insulted me and hit me, but it happened a while ago”

-“I just saw him, after a couple of months and that’s the first thing I hear” He yelled and walked closer, I was scared. “You are going to apologize to him”

-“No fucking way, he punched me and pushed me” He grabbed me by my neck and lifted me.

-“You fucking lesbian, you are going to apologize, otherwise, I’ll make sure you won’t be able to utter a word ever again” He said squeezing me tighter. I gasped for air while trying to break free from his grip.

-“Please” I choked out. He let me fall on the floor.

-“I” He kicked me “can’t” He kicked me again “believe” and again “My daughter” and again “Is a FUCKING” and again “Dyke” He kicked me one more time. “You don’t deserve to be alive, you are a waste of space. Do you hear me?” I couldn’t answer, I felt as if I was going to pass out. “I asked, do you hear me?” He said grabbing me by my t-shirt and lifting me. “Answer me” He yelled and punched me.

-“Yes” I mumbled and he let me fall on the floor and walked away cursing. I knew I had to leave, but I could barely move, let alone walk.

-“I’m going for a drink, don’t you dare tell your mum” He walked past me and left. I knew this was my chance to go. I texted Alex to come to my house immediately and get inside, it was unlocked.

After less than ten minutes she barged in and run next to me.

-“Oh my god Emma”

-“Take me out of here” I mumbled, everything was hurting and I thought I would pass out from the pain. She lifted me up bridal style and helped me get in the car. She took me to her house and carried me in. She laid me on the bed, I turned to look at her and tears were streaming down her face.

-“Baby” She shook her head

-“He found out” She gently caressed my cheek. She brought me ibuprofen, a glass of water, and ice for my face and head. She sat next to me and took my hand in hers.

-“I love you, you are going to be okay.” She pecked my lips.

-“I love you too.” Tears were rolling down her cheeks. I lifted my hand and wiped them off. “Don’t cry, I’m with you now, and I’m safe, I’m going to be fine” She turned to look at me “Okay baby?” She nodded.

-“You are right, sorry, sorry. I just got scared, seeing you on the floor like this, I thought of the worse possible scenario”

-“I’m going to be okay baby, can you please call my friends and tell them?”