chapter 1

O gotsi|you're full

It all started when my best friend posted her father for father's day. Things just "hit the fan" from that point.  Is it my fault? Maybe or maybe not.

I am Nandi, Nandipha Nhlapo. I am 19 years old, studying law at UJ. I'm 4'9 and i have a nice hour glass figure, think about maybe Faith Nketsi type of figure. Yeah something like that. I am lightskinned and hot! I am hot like a heater, like a bomb, like the sun!

MONDAY

"O gotsi ne?" my best friend says to me as I play with my food.

Me: chomma, I wanna be a housewife.
Her: hu uh you're starting again.
Me: chommie, I wanna live lavish.
Her: sebetsa mosadi!(work, woman)
Me: no!

"Ah." she says as she eats her fries. I take a bite of my burger and looked at her again.

Her: hu uh, hu uh.

I laugh because she thinks I want to talk about being a housewife again.

My best friends name is Boitumelo Mampho Mokoena and we've known each other since grade 11. She's cute, really cute and short. She's about 4'5 and she's extremely lightskinned. She almost looks white. Think about the complexion of Khanyi Mbau, that's the one.

Mampho grew up in a wealthy family and it's been like that her entire life. That's one of the differences between us. I grew up in a family that could afford, we weren't rich but we could afford. I have never felt any type of way about that either, im genuinely grateful for all my family does for me.

I have always been an A student and that's how I managed to bag a scholarship to do this course.

Mampho: wanna come to my house this weekend?
Me: I'm actually going home this weekend. I haven't been there in a while.

My family lives all the way in Soweto and I stay in res. I always visit though, whenever I get the chance. I love my mom, I can't stay away from her for too long.

Mampho: alright, it's okay. anyway, I got tea for you!
Me: spill!
Mampho: my dad and his girlfriend broke up the other day.
Me: you lie! Why?!
Mampho: apparently, she was cheating on him again.
Me: o maka wena!(you're lying)
Mampho: kea o jwetsa, mosadi!(I'm telling you, woman)
Me: that's hectic!
Mampho: he said, "ungaphindi wa kena mo!" (Don't ever come into my house!)
Me: ah shame.

We laugh and high five because the tea is too hot! I am used to these stories though. Ever since her mother's passing, her father hasn't been able to settle down. He has been with this woman for about a year and she keeps cheating on him shame.

Me: chommie, we should start a reality show for your dad. we will make a lot of money.
Mampho: we really should hey! But chommie, let's go or we're gonna be late again.
Me: areye.(Let's go)

We get up and head to our fourth and last lecture for the day. In my opinion, we didn't need to have so many lectures in a day. It's so unnecessary. After the lectures, Mampho drives home and I walk to res. I get to res and cook, just rice and mince meat. I do this while finishing my burger and fries from earlier on.

I learnt how to install wigs last year and I have been making money off of that and social media. I am a social media influencer and all so I make money from sponsorships and stuff like that. Baby girl is just living the life and getting the bag. Three clients have made appointments for tomorrow and I fortunately, have one lecture tomorrow so it will work.

At around 8pm, I dish up and eat. After eating, I wash the dishes and clean my room. After that, I get a call from my mom.

Ma: hello, my baby.
Me: hey ma.
Ma: how are you?
Me: I'm okay, thanks mama. how are you?
Ma: I'm okay, my baby. I just wanted to check on you.
Me: hu uh ma, I'm doing well.
Ma: okay, my baby. I am very sleepy so I'll call you tomorrow.
Me: okay mama, bye.
Ma: bye.

I end the call and head to the shower. After my shower, I wear my nightgown  and walk back to my room. On my way back to my room, I see this handsome thing! Ooouuu girl! Let me give you a description, he is tall and sexy! My brain is not working, that's the best I can do. He has tattoos which I don't like ne? But they look so good on him!

Him: hey sexy.

He says biting his bottom lip, in a seductive manner. Oh my!

Me: hey handsome.

I'm so sorry, I am a flirt like genuine chats.

Him: the name is BK.
Me: the name is Nandi and I need to get dressed so bye.

I run to my room, lotion my body and get dressed. "BK" I didn't ask him, lol. He is cute though.

I am so tired so I get into bed and pass out almost minutes after.

THE NEXT MORNING

I'm woken up by my alarm at 07:00. I get up and place the wigs on the hair dolls. I head out to take a shower and come back, lotion my body and get ready for the day. I'm wearing black Adidas tights and a black oversized hoodie. I wear a puffer and some Superstars. I put my knotless braids up in a bun. I have some 'fruit loops' for breakfast. I place my notebooks and pencil case in my bag and head out. On my way out, I bump into "BK" so we walk together.

BK: dumela ausi. (Hey sis.)
Me: haibo "ausi"? when did we get there?

He laughs and brushes it off and continues talking.

BK: how are you doing?
Me: I'm okay thanks and how are you?
BK: I'm good thanks.

We get outside and he takes out his car keys and unlocks his car.

BK: get in.

I rush over and I get in the passenger seat.

Me: thank you.
BK: don't sweat it.