chapter 36

It is the next day and I wake up in am empty bed. Kgotso is working from home for a month still so I know he's at home.

I wake up, brush my teeth, take a shower. I then wear a cute panda onesie after lotioning my body, I also wear some novelty slippers and I head downstairs. I find him sitting in the living room.

Me: good morning, have you had anything to eat yet?
Kgotso: no.
Me: should I make you something?
Kgotso: no.
Me: Kgotso, you have to eat.
Kgotso: and that's why I hired a house help.
Me: what?! when?!

He looks at me with furrowed brows and takes a sip of his coffee.

Me: Kgotso, I can't keep doing this with you.
Kgotso: then don't.
Me: okay.

I run upstairs, where I change into a long black cami dress and a white cardigan. I also wear white slippers.

I pack my things and call Bhekisisa to come fetch me and in just a few minutes, he is here. I then take off my ring and places it on the bed before heading down.

I head downstairs and Kgotso gets up and walks closer to me. I put my suitcase down and look at him, as tears fall down my face.

Kgotso: where are you going?
Me: home. ma was right, i do need her right now. but also, maybe we are better off separated.
Kgotso: but you can't leave like this. let's talk.
Me: talk? now you want to talk? Kgotso, you did not want to hear anything that I wanted to say to you but now you want to talk? no, maybe I am not in the mood to talk anymore.

Bhekisisa walks in.

Bhekisisa: hey brother. sis, are you ready to go?

I nod and we go outside with my things. He then drives out and off we go.

Bhekisisa: are you sure about this?
Me: yeah.

We get home and my mom helps us in. Once that is done, we sit down and I cry my eyes out. My heart hurts, really badly.