chapter 5

The next morning

I have an influencer event to attend today so I'm getting ready for that. The theme is "simple but cute" so thats what I'm going with right now. I'm wearing black biker shorts and a black bodysuit. I throw a green oversized shirt on top and some green and white dunks. I then fix my wig and I'm ready to go.

I grab a black crossbody bag and place my essentials inside of it. Mampho is my plus one for today so I wait for her to finish and we head out.

Her dad is not around because he has gone on some major business trip. She seems a bit distracted so I ask her what's wrong and...

Mpho: I just wish my dad could just settle down. I want him to be happy, get married and actually settle down. I feel like he needs a real woman in his life and more especially because he's not exactly get any younger.
Me: Boity, that's easier said than done.
Mpho: I know but I'm just saying, it would be really great for him to just be happy and settle down.
Me: I get you.

She continues driving in pure silence and her mind is far away. You can tell that from her staring into nowhere.

Me: I still want to live, my love. I also have clients that still need me to do their installations so please drive properly and focus.
Mpho: whatever.
Me: friend, we don't have nine lives.

She drives properly and we arrive safely at the event. When we get there, we see this handsome, buff Zulu man.

Him: hey ladies.
Mpho: hey.

She says looking like a gone girl.

Him: I'm Sibusiso, a shareholder of the beauty brand that's sponsoring this event.
Me: nice to meet you, Sbuda.
Him: nice to meet you too.

Mampho leaves me by myself and follows that guy to I don't know where. I honestly wash my hands with this girl. I really don't know what else to do but that.