chapter 26

Saturday, March 2nd

It has been announced to both our families that I'm pregnant, I still haven't told my parents who the father is but I promised that once I'm ready, I will tell them.

I am honestly not ready for their reaction because they are already disappointed in me.

Kgotso's moms feelings have changed ever since she was told that I'm carrying her grandchild. I guess we'll just have to see how long that lasts.

We are currently at Kgotso's home, where he grew up. I am doing my makoti duties and she's being so sweet. I think this is all pretence.

His mom: please pour the water in there, my baby.

She says pointing at the pot of chicken. I do as asked of me and she gives me a little pat on the back.

After we finish cooking, we have our lunch together and we head to the living room.

Me: I'm craving some ice cream, with a whole lot of different flavours.
His mom: we have different flavour ice cream cartons here.
Mpho: I'll mix it all for her.

Mpho stands up and returns with the ice cream.

His mom: baba, let's go.

Kgotso and his parents are going somewhere to look for something, I don't know what but yeah.

They get and leave and Mpho returns with a large bowl of different flavors of ice cream. She also put chocolate and sprinkles there.

I have my ice cream while we chat. After having my ice cream, Mpho takes the bowl to the kitchen but I start feeling pain in my abdomen and swelling in my face after a few minutes.

Mpho smiles at me and I scream as the pain in my abdomen intensifies. She giggles but instantly, her facial expression changes as she sees tears fall down my eyes.

Me: you did this?

She looks away but calls security. She then runs up to her room and leaves me, rolling on the floor in pain. The security takes me to the hospital as blood keeps gushing out of me.

A few hours later...

I am at the hospital and if you guessed it, you guessed it right. I lost my baby. My heart is absolutely shattered. I have been crying for the past three hours and Kgotso has tried to comfort me but failed.

Me: I want to go home.
Kgotso: baby...
Me: take me home. please...

I say pleading with him and crying.

Kgotso: okay.

The doctor comes in and tells us all that my family has to do for the next few days. They then take me back to Kgotso's house.

We get there and Kgotso takes me up to our room where he lays me down and sits facing the window. He cries and I sit behind him and cuddle him as he lets it all out.

He clears his throat and starts speaking.

Kgotso: the doctor said that they found abortion pills in your system. you were still in your early term of pregnancy so that is why...
Me: I lost my baby so easily.
Kgotso: how though? I know that you wanted this baby, unless you...
Me: I killed my baby. isn't that what you want to say?
Kgotso: Nandi...
Me: no, Kgotso. you think that I'm capable of killing my own baby. I am no murderer and I'd never do this to my own child! I wanted this baby!
Kgotso: Nandz...
Me: get out.
Kgotso: baby...
Me: get out, Kgotso.

He does as asked of him and I lay in the bed and cry. I go to the bathroom and take a shower. After my shower, I wear pads and take an hour nap.

22:15

I wake up and scroll on my socials. I then remember what happened after I had the ice cream.

I get up and go to Mampho's room. I find her standing and I confront her.

Me: you did this, Mampho?
Mpho: I did what?
Me: you killed my baby.
Mpho: what? I would never.
Me: yes, you did. you gave me the ice cream with abortion pills in it.
Mpho: I was hurt, okay?! I was hurt that you fell in love with my father, I had to get my revenge.
Me: so you though it was best for you to become a murderer. you did not only kill my child, Mampho but you have shattered my heart, you murdered my soul. I will never forgive you for this.
Kgotso: how could you?

He says walking in and looking at Mampho.

Mpho: dad...
Kgotso: leave.
Mpho: baba...
Kgotso: get out of my house, Boitumelo. you are not welcome here. Sabelo!

Mampho is escorted out by the guards and I just let the tears fall. Kgotso holds and comforts me.

Me: you didn't leave.
Kgotso: I promised you I'd never leave you again.