chapter 2

Monday, March 6th

Mampho and I are having our lunch and having light conversations here and there.

Mpho: how was your visit?
Me: it was okay, I really missed my parents anyway and my older brother couldn't really make it so I was the only one there.
Mpho: that's nice. do you have lectures tomorrow?
Me: no, do you?
Mpho: no, are you working?
Me: I only have a photoshoot in the morning but I'll be free for the rest of the day.
Mpho: okay, please come to my house with me then?
Me: when?
Mpho: today?
Me: okay.
Mpho: really?
Me: yes.

She gets up and jumps up and down.

Me: sit down, people are looking.

No one is but maybe that will get her to sit down.

19:00

We are at Mampho's house and I just showered and got into my pajamas. I wear my braids up in a bun and we take pictures. I am vlogging our entire night together. I vlog everything, lol.

Mpho: our food is here.

We head downstairs to fetch it and we settle in the living room to eat while watching some good movies.

A car drives in and we totally ignore it.

Mpho: that's my dad.
Me: his car sounds so sexy.
Mpho: all his cars do and he doesn't even want to give me one.
Me: why?
Mpho: they are his "babies"

She says rolling her eyes, this one is crazy.

Her dad: hey ladies.

He says and the moment he looks at me, I lose my medulla. Well, I obviously don't show them that I'm losing my medulla.

Her dad: hey...
Me: Nandi, Nandipha Nhlapho.
Her dad: nice to meet you.

He says with a smile.

Her dad: well, you girls have yourselves a great night.

He walks off.

Mpho: ugh this guy.

Which guy?! My future husband?! This girls dad, guys?! No way!

After dinner, Mpho and I head upstairs and go straight to sleep. However, I find myself waking up a few hours later. I head downstairs to get a bottle of water and I'm met with her dad, sitting on the high chairs in the kitchen by the kitchen island.

Him: oh hey, Nandi.
Me: hey, Mr. Mokoena.
Him: no, no need to be formal. call me Kgotso.
Me: that would feel so awkward.
Him: only if you make it awkward.
Me: how often do people get to call that?
Him: what? my name?
Me: yes.
Him: not a lot, we have to maintain respect.
Me: exactly.
Him: come on, I know you now so there's no need to be so formal with me.

He sits there and I just continue to stand there and we chat about a lot of different things. Multiple times, I catch him staring and I can't help but blush.

I yawn and he looks at me and giggles.

Him: swallow me, won't you?
Me: oh wow, koena.
Him: I like that.
Me: what?
Him: the way you just turned my surname into an acronym.

We both laugh and I grab my bottle of water.

Me: goodnight, Kgotso.
Him: goodnight, Nandi.

He is still staring! Not in a weird way but in a sexy way that will make you melt.

He gets up and gives me a hug and I run upstairs. I get to Mpho's bedroom and I run to the bathroom where I squeal. He smells so good! He smells divine! He smells like a man! A real man!

He has this deep voice that just drives me absolutely insane. Wait! This man is my best friends dad, I can't do that.

I walk back to the bedroom and I go to bed, still thinking about this issue.