𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1

Warning: First of all thanks for reading. English is not my first language so there may be some mistakes. There are some swearing words along with sexual words and scenes. I might make some mistakes because I tried to research everything before writing but some things are hard to find (I accept any help you can give me tho).

Every character and name are merely representative and I do not mean to insult anyone, but someone will be the villain (or not) so if it's your idol I'm sorry. Some family names/birthdays are made up because there are pieces of information that are, obviously, not made public. Some facts and results may be changed to better fit the story.

-

♪ I'm twenty-one
The edge is razor thin
Between being numb and feeling everything ♪

March 18th, 2022 – Bahrain

Eleanor Norris POV

Today I find myself in McLaren's motorhome as I watched my husband doing his interviews after the second practice of the day. You must think this is great, it's cute, two people in love. This is not that type of story.

My husband is Lando Norris, the talented Formula One driver, we got married on October 13th of last year. This was an arranged marriage, we were friends so I thought this would be easy, my parents didn't give me much of a choice, I don't know what made Lando go with it if he would turn to hate this situation so much.

Our contract stated that we would have to be married for at least 2 years before we legally broke it off, I would lose everything if I hadn't done this but I don't know where the arranged marriage idea came from. Our friendship died the day we kissed in front of 200 people in the most beautiful church I've ever been in.

Our wedding was a dream, it was more than I could ever count on, especially with Covid being a very serious issue. After the ceremony, Lando made it clear that we would be keeping the image, but he owed me nothing. Our friendship was cut from the root from there. I tried everything but it was useless, every effort of mine was ignored.

My dad bought us a penthouse in Monaco and a house in London. I was ignored in both. I prepared his clothes for the day, I tried making his daily meals, including his favorite ones. Nothing was good enough for him. Food went to waste, I was ignored, and he started his affair with an Instagram model, whose name is Amy.

She knows he is married, she doesn't mind being the mistress, and maybe she has this idea that he will divorce me to be with her, which seems impossible. He was discreet but he spends his nights and days in her apartment, I rarely see him besides our obligatory public appearances.

I have Riley, my best friend, and Emily, my sister whom I will call Em because I can. Most people call me Ellie or Nellie. I have made a lot of friends in the Formula 1 world. Carlos is one of the people I get along with most and so is Daniel. I am not completely alone but I am lonely.

"The car is fantastic this year," I say excitedly once I see Daniel coming in my direction and he nods with his huge signature smile.

"The car was good during the tests but it's a beast this year," he says as he watched the images on the screen through the motorhome.

"This is so crazy now that restrictions were lifted," I comment when I see the drone images of the crowd.

"Keep yourself always accompanied and safe. I will help you leave the paddock if you need," he is obviously concerned but I just shake my head.

"I'll be fine. Is she here?" I didn't have the courage to look around much but lately, Lando's been flaunting his mistress like he wants to see me being humiliated.

I am a public figure too so I can't have this. I am a model, and I am much more known now that I have his last name, which sucks, to be honest.

"I think she is. He was asking Fewtrell to take you home," I could sense the pity in his voice so I laugh. We can't say Max because we will get confused so it's either Verstappen or Fewtrell here.

"As if I would care about it. I was just making sure if I was going back to the hotel alone, it's way better that way. I am going to congratulate him for third place in the practice and I can leave without thousands of people following me because of him," I say trying to keep this light.

"Call me if you need something!" He was more demanding than asking and I nod giving him a smile. I leave the motorhome and walk to the media pen where Lando was doing his interviews.

I hug Zak who seemed happy to see me, almost as happy as he was when he watched Lando doing his interviews. I am so glad I knew these people from coming to watch races before or I know Lando would've turned them against me easily.

"You did great!" I say as Lando prepares to walk to the motorhome and he nods.

"Thanks." His voice is cold, he makes no effort to smile, people were looking, I could feel it. I put my hand on his arm and I see how he looked at it like I burned him.

"Don't be stupid. We are in public" I whisper between my smile while I pretend everything is all right.

"Fine" He mutters angrily but smiles as his arm circles my waist and he kisses my cheek.

"This is better," Zak says happily as he was walking by our side.

"The team has been doing a great job. The winter break was needed" I say excitedly as I capture Zak's interest.

Quickly, Zak started telling me all the new things they changed and new ideas they had, I am not dumb, I have loved Formula 1 since I was a kid. I could understand and I found it interesting. I also know that this walk would've been awkward and shitty with the silence we would have between us.