𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 52

♪ 'Cause how does a girl hold the weight of the world
Without losing herself on the road?
Where do you go? ♪

October 13th, 2023 - Austin, United States of America (1 year later)

Lando Norris POV

"That won't happen," I say as I fix my suit for the 5th time while looking in the mirror.

Today marks our second anniversary; all our family came here to celebrate and watch the grand prix that will happen in a week.

"It might; you had that fight last week," my brother insists, and I laugh.

"My wife won't divorce me because we had a fight," I inform him in an irritated tone; why is he like this?

"She is late; both sets of parents are talking to her. Are you that sure that everything is alright?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"She is probably out of battery; we were very much on the same page the whole day; she just went to grab her dress with Em and Riley. She will be here any minute so we can have dinner," I said calmly, but I was starting to feel a bit insecure with her being gone for a whole hour when the shop was down the street from our hotel.

"What the fuck have you done?" An angry Riley entered my hotel room at such a fast pace that she almost got to punch my face before Oliver grabbed her.

"What?" The sudden attack dumbfounded me because we all got along great; what is happening?

"What did you do to Ellie?" She asks me, and I am now officially worried something happened to my wife.

"She went to get the new dress with you, it's been an hour, I thought she got carried away while getting ready. What the hell is happening with my wife?"

"She is gone. No one can contact her. She went to try the dress on, but we got distracted, and she disappeared. Her phone is now off. She is nowhere to be found. Did you text her anything?" She is calmer, but I am not.

"That can't be. I tried to call her when my dad said everyone was trying to get in touch with her and couldn't, but no one told me she was gone. Didn't you think I deserved to know she was missing?" I ask angrily as I pick up my phone. Where could she be?

"Just admit it if you've done something wrong," Emily says as she enters the room.

"Why is everyone turning to me? Why?" I ask angrily.

"Because she texted me before turning off her phone," Albert says as he enters the room, his tone serious and almost threatening.

"What did she say?" I ask worriedly. He gave me the phone, and I read the text repeatedly.

Ellie:

It's over. The two years have ended, and I will get a divorce. I won't change my mind.

"What? But- I-" I am speechless as he takes the phone back.

"Eleanor isn't crazy; something happened," Albert tells me, expecting some answers to his suspicions.

"I didn't do anything. I love her; I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Please, just let me talk to her. Something is wrong," I beg them because I know she will come to them, and I can't let this be the end.

"Something is wrong. She never did this, Lando. She will come to you if she wants, I won't make her talk to you if she doesn't want to. She is our priority," Emily says as she prepares to leave.

"She is my priority too. Please. She is my wife; this can't end like this; you all know everything we went through," I say nervously. I can't lose her. Not her.

"Let's give her some time to calm down and come back; maybe it was something in the heat of the moment. We will let you know when she comes back just so you know she is safe," Riley says before they leave, and I sit down and look at my family.

"Are you sure you didn't mess this up?" Flo asks, and I look at her, causing her to raise her hands in innocence.

"We will leave you to think about what just happened. Text us if she comes back," my mom says before she kisses my cheek and I give her a weak smile.

How did we go from having early morning sex to getting divorced on the same day? I made her lunch, she made me dessert, and we are now getting divorced. Just like that?

I got no text in the next few hours, none that mattered. I wondered what I could've done, but nothing came to mind. Until I heard the door opening, and only Eleanor had the key, so my eyes darted there, and that is when I saw her. The dress was gorgeous on her, no doubt about it.

But the hatred in her eyes was a real stab in my heart.

"Nora, what happened baby?" I ask her gently as I stand in front of her, and she looks up at me.

"Get the fuck out of my way," the coldness was like a slap in the face.

"You can't do this like this. You can't just throw away two years without telling me why. Just talk to me, please," I beg her as tears fill my eyes, and I could very well just drop down to my knees if it made her talk to me. This is hell.

"I can't do this? How could YOU do this to me? Did it mean that little to you?" She asks angrily, and I am now even more confused.

"What did I do? I have been here since the moment you left. I did nothing!" I say, frustrated by the situation.

"I'm getting a divorce. This is over. You can do whatever the fuck you want, forget I ever existed," she says as she picks up her suitcase.

"I love you. I can't lose you. Just tell me what happened. I can fix it. I can fix whatever there is to fix," I implore as I follow her to the door.

"Are you that dense? Do you really believe you've done nothing?" She turned around and faced me, and I stopped in my tracks two steps away from her.

"Tell me what I've done; I will take the fault if I've done it. I will do whatever you want me to. Don't go just like that," I tell her, and she gives me a bitter laugh. This is not good.