𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 48

♪ Young and naive heart in your hands
Ready to give more than you can ♪

Eleanor Norris POV

Everyone was taking turns coming to visit dad; he was under monitoring after the surgery, but it all went well. He has some difficulty walking, but the physical therapy will start once he leaves the hospital later today.

Lando and I are still going on a vacation in the second week of summer break; Fewtrell is coming, along with some of his friends; I will go with Riley, Emily, Cisca and Flo. Oliver and Savannah will stay back because of the little one since it's a big flight. Both dad and Margot insisted on us still going.

"Can I talk to you? I need to know something," I ask him as we watch the show that was on, and we look at each other.

"You can talk about anything with me kiddo," he says happily, lowering the volume on the TV.

"Why did the marriage happen? There was no sense or logic behind it," his smile wavers and I see he is thinking about his answer. "I am contemplating a possible divorce so I would appreciate some honesty behind what you've done."

"I knew I had an aneurysm, a big one, I found out a while ago. I was scared of dying and you being alone; your mom would shred you to pieces because you were always such a good daughter. She would enjoy my death, and she would ruin every good thing you've built for yourself. I knew you and Lando liked each other as more than friends, so I wanted to give it a little push. I wanted you to have love in your life besides your family."

"And you talked to Adam, and he agreed?" I ask confusedly.

"Adam knew I could die at any moment, and he saw in you two what I saw too. He did it out of friendship. There was no money involved, I butted in your life, and I shouldn't have, I made this whole mess."

"But why? Did you really think he would just admit to it by being forced to marry me? Did you think he would love and protect me because I carry his name around? This nearly killed our friendship, and this is costing me a lot. I have a choice to make because of this whole mess," I say angrily, tears welling up in my eyes, and he nods.

"I didn't expect Lando to fight it so much. But he confessed to it. He loves you, and he told you that. You love him too, Ellie, I know it," he says, putting his hand on top of mine, and I shake my head.

"I would rather have him as a friend rather than having to choose between him and Oscar. This should've never happened, I liked what we had," I say, scared of what the future might bring.

"Oscar is the Australian guy? His future teammate?" He asks, receiving a nod as answer. "I put you in a tough spot but I truly believed I was doing my best. He is a good man who would treat you good, I am sorry for doing this to both of you."

"Dad, I don't know what to do," desperation is the correct word for my state of mind.

"I believe that every choice made it's meant to be. Whatever you do, follow your heart and follow your gut. Your brain can take the hit, your heart can't. Don't do anything you might regret. I don't know Oscar, but I know any of them would be lucky to have you, and if you feel this strongly about this choice, then it means you love one of them enough to be scared to lose him. I would get o my knees and beg for your forgiveness but we both know I can't."

The sadness in his voice made me hug him. I can't blame him for wanting to keep me safe with the only man besides himself he believed would keep me safe. Lando showed up on the door and prepared to leave as soon as he saw the father-daughter moment, but I signaled him to stay as I saw Margot right behind him.

"We will get going, but we will call you every day; if you don't pick up, I will come back," I warn him, and he nods as he laughs.

"Don't worry about me. She will take good care of me," he says as Margot sits by his side, kissing his cheek lovingly. This is what love looks like: the smiles on their faces, the affection, the shiny eyes. This is what I want.

"Have a good recovery, and call us if you need anything," Lando says as his hand rests on my waist.

We left soon after; we prepared our suitcases to leave tomorrow morning for our deserved vacation in Punta Cana; we wanted something different, so this was the winner.

"Are you sure you are ready to go? We can stay back," he says as we lay on the couch to watch a movie. Niko was already in his parents' house, so they could watch him like they had been. I take him to some races, and I definitely take him whenever I go for photoshoots and runways.

"I need to go; I need to rest before having endless photoshoots. Also, I have four fashion weeks to attend in September, so I definitely need the rest before I have a whole month of craziness," I remember how February almost killed my whole demeanor with all the fashion weeks I had to attend either in the runway or as a guest.

"I am still coming to London's Fashion Week, so you better not take back my invitation," he says as a movie is chosen.

"You are very much welcome," I say happily.

The movie started, but I couldn't care less about it as I sat down, Lando's eyes went to me as I turned the couch into a bed before laying by Lando's side.

"I want to cuddle," I say as I hug his body.

"Then we will definitely cuddle," he says happily, his arms hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, you were great this week."

"I am usually great," he says, a laugh escaping his lips before I laugh too.

"Don't be cocky," I say before I kiss his lips, and he kisses me back.