𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

♪ But at the time I didn't know it
That these are the moments I'd chase for the rest of my life ♪

November 26th, 2023 - Abu Dhabi

Lando Norris POV

"Where's she?" I ask as I see Riley hanging out with my sisters. Weren't all the girls supposed to arrive at the party together?

"Her and Em were in a different cab; they should be here at any second now," she says as she looks around.

"I'm going outside to wait for them then," I inform her, and as I arrive outside, I see my wife arguing with 3 women and the security guy.

"My husband is in there! Are you that dense? My name is there!" Nora says angrily as she seems to be losing her patience and I walk faster.

"Husband? That's a Formula 1 after-party. Don't come here for the drivers; they don't want you here, honey," one of the girls says, and I try not to laugh.

"Our names are there! Do we need to call someone to come get us? Because if I do, I can also assure you that we will be seeing what your employment status will be like; this is unacceptable and unprofessional." Emily says angrily; all patience is now gone, and I am finally close enough.

"Baby, is everything alright?" I play dumb as I give my wife a quick kiss and smile at Em, who smiles back before changing her expression to serious so she can face the security guard.

"We've been here for minutes trying to get in; he saw my ID; he saw our names there, but he won't let us in," Nora explains, and I nod as I look at him.

"What's the problem? My wife is old enough to enter a club; she is on the VIP guest list, and she provided an ID. What is causing this stupid mess?" I ask as I wait for a good explanation.

"You won the championship this year," one of the girls says, and I just ignore her as I continue to look at the guy.

"I- They told me that they heard them talking about fake IDs, and I believed it. I am so sorry!" The dread on his face was visible, and I shook my head.

"We are getting in, and I am talking to the owner; this is just ridiculous. Her dad is the one who made the reservation; he knows the owner; this is not going to end well for you," I warn him as I position my hand on Nora's lower back, and she walks ahead of me.

"I am really sorry!" He says as I look at him one last time.

"You should feel sorry for disrespecting my wife; I don't like that," I shrug as I follow her inside, and she smiles proudly.

"That was very attractive," she says as she bites her lower lip and I chuckle.

"How attractive?" I ask as I lean closer.

"Winning a championship and speaking like that only makes me realize why you are the only man who can disrespect me under the right circumstances," she says before she kisses me passionately.

"Well, don't make me want to go home right now; people would be disappointed," I say as I kiss her neck a few minutes later, and I hear her cocky laugh.

"Don't worry baby, you can disrespect me in some hours from now, I can wait," she says confidently as we approach our group. Oh, Riley is dating Max Fewtrell. That is something we didn't expect, but they are honestly a good match, and while we stream together, they hang out together like they always did.

"You were awesome this year," I hear Nora's voice as she looks at Oscar, and he laughs.

"Going to McLaren was a good choice," he says as he smiles, and I just watch from a slight distance.

"I'm glad your ultimatum wasn't taken seriously; I would've hated for you to miss your deserved spotlight. I knew you would do great," she says happily, and I wonder if she has ever thought about him. If she ever thought he was the right choice all along.

"I'm glad you didn't listen to me. You deserve the happiness you are living, I would've hated for you to miss it," he says proudly.

It was a complex situation where she had to make a difficult choice, and she could've made a mistake.

"The right choice was made, but thank you for the memories. I couldn't have made it without you," she says as she gives him a quick hug.

"Don't worry about it; it was worth it in the end," he says as he looks at me and smiles.

"Couldn't you be more obvious?" She asks as she approaches me, and she clearly finds it funny.

"What did I do?"

"You were staring. We are friends, there is no need to do that, you are the one I chose," she says as she fixes my hair and I nod.

"Am I the one you want?" I wanted to make sure. I wanted my ego in the clouds today.

"Today and always baby. I love you Lando, only you," she says cheekily as she smiles widely.

"I love you too, baby," I say happily before I kiss her lips, over and over again.

I love this woman, and she loves me. I made mistakes, and I would do it all over again if, in the end, she would be my wife. Because my life wouldn't be the same today if I hadn't fallen on my face. And I like how my life is today. In this specific moment as I hold her in my arms, I know I am the happiest man alive, I don't care for the title or the money or fame. I care for her and the fact that I will wake up next to her tomorrow.

Life is good and no matter how complex it gets, it's worth living it if I have her.

---------------------------------

Hello loves!

My finals are finally over, so I can go back to posting regularly and on time, thankfully. This story has obviously ended, too, but I will post Oscar's first chapter at the same time as I post this last one.

I hope you loved this story as much as I did (even if her choice isn't the one you wanted). I am free for you to talk to and share your ideas and opinions if you want. I hope you like the new story, and don't forget to check out the other stories that are ongoing.

At this moment, I have Toto's new story, George's new story, and Fernando's ongoing story. I hope to see you in other stories.

I would like to thank you all for the unlimited support you've given me. This has been ultimately fulfilling. Thank you for everything!

I love you all!!