𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 31

♬ You should think about the consequence
Of your magnetic field being a little too strong ♬

Lando Norris POV

We got dressed for her birthday dinner, I guess they rented a restaurant. Emily and Riley would obviously be there but I was surprised to see Fewtrell was there nonchalantly talking to both fathers like nothing was up.

"What is he doing here? Is he here for your emotional support?" Eleanor asks as she follows my eyes to where I am looking at.

"I really believe that's the reason. There is no other justification for that," I say as I shrug. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek before going to greet everyone. We meet again once I go to greet our fathers because she was doing it too.

"You two seem to be doing better," my dad says happily and I chuckle.

"We are doing just fine, don't worry about it." She answers as both men get up and hug her as they wish her a happy birthday.

"Oh, you are way too happy. What happened?" Max asks as he leads further away from everyone.

"Nothing happened, it was a good day," I insist while I see the appetizers arriving to the table.

"You got laid and it was finally your wife, I can see she is better than the mistress by your good humor," he says confidently and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing happened between us, mind your own business before starting with your theories."

"I would believe it if you had made a better effort to cover the hickey in your collarbone. Birthday sex is good, I get it. I am happy you finally got your head off of your ass, I'm just sorry it took you this long to see the woman you married."

The words left his mouth and he left my side to go to the table and I followed him, all the couples were side by side or close. Both fathers are on the heads of the table with our moms by their side. The talk was light and I loved it.

"So, all it took was a wake-up call and a Monaco Grand Prix with a win for you two to get along?" My mom asks curiously and I shrug.

"I had to stop being an asshole, what I did wasn't fair and I deserve anything she has coming my way, it's that simple. I fucked up, I felt guilty when I saw how much it was affecting her and now I am trying to rectify it." I decided honesty is the best way to do it.

"It's rare of you to admit you are wrong, so thank you for that," Eleanor says as she looks at me surprised.

"I hope the future goes better than the past has been. The present is looking pretty good so none of us can complain, look at this table. Everyone we love is here." Margot says and Eleanor touches her hand.

"Thank you for being the mom everyone deserves. You had no obligation to take that role, especially since we were older but I am glad you took that role," Eleanor says before pulling her in for a hug.

"You two are the daughters I never had, I couldn't wish for anything better," she says as she reaches for Emily's hand who was in front of them.

The love on this table is real, there is all kinds of love here. Romantic, brotherly, fatherly, motherly. Everyone is this table loves one or multiple people here and I was ruining the harmony of it all just to fight my own feelings for the person sitting by my right.

The dinner was already long and then the time for singing happy birthday and cutting the cake came. Her gifts were opened, she had new very expensive luxury purses she apparently wanted, a set of jewelry from her dad, it looked more expensive than the set Oscar gave her, and two pairs of heels and clothes.

She was over the moon. We also found out, right as I was fighting both dads to pay, that Riley and Emily had planned a party afterward, to which we hesitantly agreed, we were not expecting it but why not?

"Who invited him?" Max asks a few minutes later as our drinks finally arrive and I look at him confused.

"Who?" I basically scream to be heard in the middle of the noisy nightclub.

"Oscar, just saw him entering the club. Did you know he would be here? That's a bit awkward even for me." He says as he picks up his glass and heaves my side.

I looked around and found him. He looked lost, he was on the opposite side of the club and Eleanor was too busy to even notice he was here, she was not the one who invited him. I saw Riley looking back and searching the room, she found Oscar and smiled. She was the one who invited him. Why? Are they trying to test me?

I was conflicted if I should approach her and get there before him or if I should just let them be and leave this party. She deserves to be able to make that decision. I am not here to dictate her happiness is with me, we are making good memories over time but I am still a piece of shit that ignored her for 6 months because I can't communicate properly.

"Lando!" Her voice calls me as I was turning my back to them and I feel her hand in my arm, was she coming closer and I just didn't see it?

"Yeah?" I ask confusedly by the closeness.

"Are you going to the DJ booth? Can I go with you? It seems fun!" She was so excited that I couldn't say no. I picked up her hand and headed to the booth.

The guy was more than happy to let us in there. And after a few tips, she was having the time of her life up there. She looked at me with such a huge smile that I couldn't stop smiling, she is too fucking precious for this world. And I am way too shitty for her.