𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 9

♪ Triangular, I can see them now
Three points at which I let myself down ♪

Lando Norris POV

After Australia, everything just stopped. No more messages, no more favours or questions asked. She was in London, I saw her car parked in our garage, I saw her posts on Instagram and her stories, and she seemed to finally not care. She didn't come to Italy or to Miami. I will be honest and say that I've also not sent anything. I look back on her post on Instagram about our 6 months together, 3 days after Australia. Why did she basically disappear from my life?

"Ellie is coming to this one" Daniel says as we find each other entering the paddock of the Spanish GP

"What? Why?" I ask confused by the sudden appearance.

"It's Carlos' home race, she wanted to come, she can come anytime she wants. I'm just warning you," he says nonchalantly and I shrug.

"She can do whatever she wants. I just didn't know she was coming, I thought she would come to the Monaco GP because of her brand deals and the fact everyone knows we also have a house there together," I explain and he nods.

"She is coming to Monaco too," He informs me calmly as he waves to people.

"Great," I mutter angrily, how many weekends in a row will I have to pretend everything is just fine? She has been pretending I don't exist.

I was in the garage when I suddenly saw her getting in, she looked good, she had a summer dress on, and perfectly done makeup, as always. She greeted Daniel with a quick hug and shared a few words with him before finally looking at me.

"I thought you were dead, not one single message during a whole month, impressive." I know my tone was of accusation but I find the sudden change a bit dramatic.

"I decided to give you the same treatment you give me. It's time for this to be a little more balanced, no one bothers anyone, you live your life and I live mine," she says calmly and I nod.

"It took you 6 months to get that message? I thought you were smarter but I guess that's why you're into modeling" I clap back and her smile drops, she takes a step back and looks at me with hatred and disappointment before looking down.

"Just- Don't ever talk to me," She stops midsentence but she finishes it and leaves the garage.

I try to follow her but I only see her finding Carlos and him putting her inside Ferrari's garage. He sees me and shakes his head before turning his back and getting in.

"What did you do?" Daniel asks obviously predicting the worse.

"I said something stupid, I will ask for forgiveness when she calms down," I say shrugging and going back inside.

"If you can't be nice then keep your mouth shut. Ellie is not one to get out and enter another garage unless it's bad enough. Grow a pair Lando, I don't know who is controlling you more. Either Amy or your stupidity wins the prize, you are being an asshole unnecessarily," he spits the words in anger before turning his back to me and going to talk to his engineer.

"Good morning," I hear Oscar's voice as he got inside with a smile and I smile back at him.

"Good morning mate. Everything's all right?" I ask trying to clean my thoughts. She is fine, it wasn't that bad. Right?

"Couldn't be better. I will be in this garage for the weekend, I hope I don't bother you," he says as he looked around and I shake my head.

"Be my guest, if you need something just ask me or Danny, we are pretty friendly"

"I can see that. Everything is going all right with the missus? You look a bit down today and the car has been awesome so that is not the reason," he asks as I opened a bottle of water and I give him one too.

"We had a little fight, sometimes it happens but this one is definitely on me," I think back on what I said and I know I called her dumb and also mocked her choice of career.

"You should fix it. Anytime I fight with someone I always think about the huge amount of people who could replace me and do better if I am not up for the job. It's like your career, if you aren't good in the car the team will find someone to replace you. If you are not quick to apologize she will think you are prioritizing your ego. You need to think about how many men would want to marry your wife and how well they could treat her, once you have that notion you will do your best for the relationship."

His words caught me by surprise. Maybe that's why everything stopped suddenly, she realized I would never be up for the job, and she gave up completely. If we are already married why am I acting like an idiot? Why did I let this get this far? When did I decide this was on her? She was my friend before this and I don't think she is now.

"Fuck, now I will have to go apologize. Thank you, great words mate." I say before leaving the garage and going to the entrance of Ferrari's garage.

"That won't go well for you mate" Charles says as he saw me there, no sign of Eleanor or Carlos.

"She is my wife, I need to talk to her. Find a way for me to talk to her, please." I ask him and he looks back taking a deep breath.

"I adore you Lando, but I can't allow you to keep hurting her. You've done enough damage for a while," Charles says worriedly and I shake my head.

"I'm here to apologize, I promise. I know I went over the line. She didn't deserve the shit I said, or anything I've done for that matter," I say nervously. They could very well keep her here all weekend and I would be fucked if I allowed her to keep reminding herself what I said over and over again.

"You better not do any shit because I will put myself on the line for you. See if you get some sense in that stubborn head or leave her alone" Charles says disappearing inside the garage.

I paced back and forth while I waited for someone to come out, even if they were kicking me out of there. Finally, I see Charles with a warning face and then Carlos and Eleanor appear once again. Carlos gives me a threatening look and I nod. I think he understood I meant no harm.

"If he keeps being an asshole just tell me and I will take care of it," Carlos reassures her and she nods.

"Don't worry about it. I will just ignore him," She says with some anger in her voice and I gulp nervously. I went too far today.

"Thank you for looking out for her," I say honestly and he gives me a thumbs up. She leaves the garage and starts walking to the motorhome, to which I follow her.

"I'm sorry for what I've said. I didn't mean to call you dumb, it was a stupid joke. I also thought it would be fine to offend you since I've clearly done worse," I try to explain myself but I'm pretty sure I'm fucking it up.

"I really don't care. I also remember asking you not to talk to me. Leave Lando, don't try to be the good guy when you clearly don't care about me, everyone knows it by now," she says once we arrive at the motorhome.

"Could we be friends again? I miss being friends with you, I know I've fucked it up with my attitude but I was blindsided by this marriage, I wasn't expecting to be married before I even celebrated my 22nd birthday." I say honestly and she just laughs.

"I am not having this conversation here" She says brushing it off.

"I am going to practice now. Can you wait for me? Please?" I ask nervously as I watched the time.

"I will think about it," her coldness made me just nod. I won't force her to talk to me.

"Thank you Ellie" I say touching her arm before leaving.

This will be hard. Why did Oscar make me realize I miss her? Now I regret purposedly pushing her away for months.