𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 43

♪ And we cuddle, sure, I do love it
But I need your lips on mine ♪

Lando Norris POV

This was not the moment to do it. It's been a couple of months, and he is not wrong; I am trying to make this work, and he is nervous because my assholish attitude is gone, and he is scared she would choose me when the time comes.

He looked at her, hope beaming in his eyes, and I felt like someone was sitting on my chest. It's hard to breathe correctly when I think she would choose him. I am not stupid enough not to give her the divorce if she chooses him, but fuck, what a low blow would this be.

"I am not doing this. If you can't handle the fact that I'm married, then lose my number, and we can forget this ever happened. Welcome to the McLaren family," she says decisively as she takes my hand.

"Welcome, mate," I say with a smile as I follow my wife across the crowd of people until she stops and turns around to look at me.

"You would divorce me?" She asks as she tilts her head in curiosity.

"If that would make you happy, I would. Is that so out of reach?"

"I thought you would fight a bit more. He was willing to fight for me, but you were ready to give me up," I heard some pain in her voice, and I shook my head.

"He was unwilling to fight; he wanted you to choose now because he thinks he is losing you. Now is the easier time for him to try and end this dilemma. I also don't believe in forcing an important choice on someone when the person is not ready. Only shit can come from it," I explain calmly, and she nods.

"Well, thank you, I guess," she says as she looks for Em and Riley, who smile once they see us.

"Enjoy the party," I tell her as Em and Riley walk toward us.

"What happened? You were so happy, and now you only look pissed," Verstappen comments as I approach the guys and I shake my head.

"Damn fucking asshole. Who does he think he is to make ultimatums?" I ask angrily, and both Maxes are confused.

"What ultimatum? He wanted her to leave with him?" Fewtrell asks curiously, and I laugh.

"I wish! The damn guy wanted her to make a choice. He would not sign the McLaren contract if she left me for good. He wanted her to divorce me! I felt like I was going to have a heart attack right there! She is my damn wife, not his!" My outrage is evident now, and their jaws are on the floor.

"The vibe here is tense," Kelly comments confusedly as she gives her boyfriend his gin.

"He wanted her to divorce you? Is he crazy?" Fewtrell finally says, and Kelly's eyes widen.

"Oscar said that? Oh, the kid has some balls in him," Kelly says surprisedly as I shake my head.

"He is four years younger than me. He is hardly a kid."

"He is 13 years younger than me. He is a kid," Kelly retorts as she kisses her boyfriend on the cheek before leaving us to finish the talk.

"What did she do?" Verstappen asks after taking a sip of his drink.

"She said that he could lose her phone number if he couldn't accept that she was married. I also welcomed him into the team. I doubt that if I weren't there, she would've chosen him, wouldn't she?" I ask them, and they shake their heads.

"You two are made for each other. He is not the one she wants. You are. So keep being on your best behavior," he says confidently.

"I will choose to believe you because I am already too joked he had that much audacity," I tell him before resuming my former behavior.

I drank, danced, sang, and finally went home when I was too excited to continue. Eleanor fell asleep on the way home, so I literally had to carry her to her room, and as I was about to leave, I felt her tugging my shirt, making it hard to yank it from her hand and go.

"Stay with me, Lan. I am your wife; give me some attention," she says as she opens her eyes and pouts, making it impossible to leave her there.

"Can I take my shoes off?" I ask as I caress her cheek, and she nods with a cute smile.

"Take mine off too, please," her voice is so damn cute that I could only smile.'

"Yours are off, baby," I tell her as I get up to put mine in the corner of the room and take my jeans off.

"Are you cold?" She asks as I lay by her side and shake my head. "Can you take off this dress and give me your shirt? It's more comfortable."

I was a prick, but everyone always knew I would never say no to Eleanor. She would call me and ask if she could meet me in whatever city I was, and I would drop everything to pick her up and make sure she was not taking cabs alone at night.

I should've kept doing the same when she became my wife, but my fears and insecurities won. And now here I am. I will do my best to ensure she is happy, even if that means Oscar is the happiness she needs. He loves her; I know he does. I wouldn't dare to admit it, but I might as well do it while I'm at it.

I love her. I've loved her for so long that I can't even say when or why it started, it just did. I now know we mutually loved each other, but no one stepped ahead. This is us now. Just enjoying what life gave us. It gave me lemons, and I threw them in the trash while she tried to make some lemonade. Ironic, uh?