𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 33

♬ Whisky on ice, Sunset and Vine
You've ruined my life, by not being mine ♬

Lando Norris POV

She left my side and I left probably 15 minutes later, I joined the girls at the table and I was genuinely trying to seem relaxed but I had been there for 10 minutes and there was no sight of Eleanor anywhere.

"Where is she?" I asked worriedly after the 10 minutes passed by and I got tired of looking around.

"She went into the VIP room we have with Oscar but he left like right before you arrived here," Riley says confusedly.

"What time is it?" Emily asks in a hush and I look at my watch.

"Half an hour to midnight, why?" I ask confusedly.

"I am going to check up on her," she says as she puts down her drink.

"Can I go instead?" I feel the concern taking over me and she nods.

"Be my guest," Emily answers as she takes a step back.

I reserved room 2 so I entered with the card and there she was, crying. I was now worried and pissed that someone made her cry, no one has the right to do that.

"What happened? What did he do?" I ask as I rush to her side, she is sitting on the floor, I guess the couch wasn't an option.

"Leave, please," she asks as she hides her face.

"I am sorry, but I am not leaving. I can't leave you like this. Let me just stay here then, you don't need to tell me," I say as I sit by her side on the floor.

A few seconds later, she leaned in and laid her face in my chest as she sobbed, she was crying badly and I felt my heart breaking from seeing it. I just tried to comfort her by rubbing her back. What happened? I will kill Oscar if this is his fault.

It started calming down after a few minutes and she finally stopped, my shirt was drenched with her tears and she finally looked at me, as her makeup was almost gone. I tried not to smile because it was fucking weird how I still found her gorgeous even if she was a wreck.

"I'm sorry, this was too emotional," she says as she looks into her purse to find the wet wipes she apparently carries around.

"What happened?" I ask concerned.

"I don't have a good relationship with my mom and she decided to wish me a happy birthday right before you came in," she says but she stops in her tracks.

"Do you miss her?" I ask confusedly, no one ever mentioned her mom, ever. I know her parents separated 10 years ago but it seemed like she vanished.

"No! God, no. I hate her, and she hates me. And every single year she sends me a text at 11:20 PM, telling me everything she wants to. It's a whole rant, message after message," she says as she avoids my eyes.

"You should block her," I suggest concerned about what might be on those texts because she cried like her heart was being ripped out of her house.

"Why? It's all true, I just have to remind myself of what I am and what led me to this place," she says as she gets up from the floor.

"Do you want to go home?"

"I'm going to retouch my makeup and we can celebrate, it's still my birthday. Even if I was the undesired and hated child my mother had," she says and it finally hits me.

"She told you that? Let me read those messages, please," I ask as I get up from the floor, this is not acceptable.

"There is no need, you've seen too many of my flaws. I don't want you to know more, we still have a year and a half of marriage," she says as she retouched her makeup and I shake my head.

"Nora, do you trust me? I know I've fucked up badly, but do you trust me?" I ask seriously and she turns around to look at me.

"I do, but I don't show these to anyone, it's too much," she says as our eyes lock.

"Your dad never saw them?" I ask and she shakes her head immediately, I get closer and I take the hair out of her face and gently put it behind her ear.

"What?" She asked confusedly at the silence while I looked at her every detail.

"You are the most gorgeous woman I've seen in my life, it's not fair that there is someone who can break you this easily, you are too strong for this to happen every year," I say honestly and I see the surprise on her face.

"Smooth talking now? I am not that bad, you don't need to try to raise my confidence," she says nervously and I smile.

"That woman really fucked you up, I wish you could forget every word she might've told you and see yourself from an outside view, you are damn near perfection," I say as I softly kiss her lips.

I was going to take a step back but she kissed me deeply and I am not going to deny my wife anything. I think it took longer than I thought it would. She pushed me away, smirked, and finished her makeup before we got back to the party. Riley and Emily knew what was up, they quickly hugged her and took her to the dance floor and I smiled.

"She got you hooked, I like it," Max says and I slap the back of his neck.

"Respect my damn marriage," I throw the words at him and he laughs.

"You were the one who started disrespecting it mate," he says nonchalantly as he steps aside so I can't reach him.

"I know, and you will now respect my marriage and my wife."

"Uh, that sounded good, you should say it more times," he says approving of my words and I nod.

I agree with him it definitely sounds good.