𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 56

♪ Growing up under the pavement
I stared at the people and places ♪

Eleanor Noris POV

"Let's go to the living room," I tell her as I open the door to Amy; I just want to smash her head on the pavement, if we are being honest.

"Sure," she says calmly, but she stops at the entrance of the living room when she sees Lando sitting on one of the couches.

"Keep going. Did you think he wasn't going to be here? It's him you are sleeping with; there is no motive for shyness now," I do everything in my power to act like I don't give a fuck.

"I- Why would he be here? He cheated," she says as she sits down, facing him. I sit on the same couch as him but away enough to look her in the face as she explains what is happening.

"Because he wants to prove his innocence, and I would've believed all of this if my mother wasn't here when I got home from your little stunt. So let's see if he cheated and you joined forces with my mother to expose him and fuck my life up or if you two have awesome photoshopping skills, and I might be arrested today for beating that ugly ass of yours. Shall we start?" I said all that with a very unfriendly smile, and she was so nervous; the confidence she had at the door was all gone by now.

"Sure. I have nothing to do with any stunt," she says confidently.

"When did it start? Why did you two reconnect?" I cross my arms and lean back, watching them both. She looked at him, but he was stone cold.

"It started in February; you were away because of all the fashion weeks, and I called him on the 12th; we met, and then he left to meet you in New York on the 13th," she says, and she nailed that. Or so I thought, but Lando laughs.

"I arrived in New York on the 12th; I just didn't tell her and didn't post it. I was there with Emily; she helped me pick out your gift because I sucked at gift-giving and didn't want to admit it. You can call your sister. This is just too funny," Lando says as he unlocks his phone.

He goes to his flight records and shows me the flight was indeed on the 12th and not the 13th. My certainty is wavering.

"What about the pictures? How was she in your car?" I ask curiously, and he shrugs.

"I would like to know that too because I haven't seen her since last year," he says curiously.

"Can't you just admit it? Maybe I got the dates messed up; it might not have been New York, so it was the week after," she says, and Lando looks at me.

"I'm not the one being accused," I knew what he meant. He was with me. I was in Madrid and London after, and he was there too before going to Bahrain for testing. She was lying.

"Tell my mom she should check her information before doing something this stupid," I say as I get up.

"But, it isn't a lie. I have a video," she says, and I stop in my tracks and look at Lando; this was his time to come clean, but he was not nervous; he was confused.

"That should be interesting," he says calmly as he stands up.

The video was old, I knew it because the side of his neck was shown. And he had a little scar there he got at the New Year's party. I stepped back, and I felt guilt washing over me; there was no scar in the video.

"And when do you claim to have recorded that?" I ask angrily.

"May probably," she says confidently, and I look at Lando, who smiles.

"Believe me now?" He asks, and I nod.

"I'm sorry," I said apologetically, and he hugged me.

"Don't worry," he whispers before turning to her. "Tell your friend to have a better story next time and leave my home."

"Lando, please. I love you. She convinced me to do it; she said you were unhappy and that you were the one who made the whole plan." She tried to grab him, but he dodged her quickly. His reflexes are as good as expected.

"Get out Amy; my interest in you is still below zero like it was last year," he says as he points to the exit.

She muttered some words before her angry exit, and I turned to him.

"I am so sorry. The pictures were so good, and it was the new car. I believed it," I rapidly say before I am cut short by his lips on mine.

"Don't leave me, please. Don't leave me, baby; I swear I've never even thought of another woman since we became a thing. I love you," he said. He was scared and nervous, and I felt guilty.

"Can you forgive me?"

"There is nothing to forgive me. I thought my clothes would be all burned in the front yard, so I am glad you were this kind under the circumstances presented to you," he chuckles, and I manage to laugh, too.

"I love you, Lan. I'm sorry for not believing you. I thought it might be a setup when my mom was here, I should've listened to my gut instead of some photos," I admit and he smiles.

"Yeah, when Oscar told me about your mom, my theory was confirmed," he kisses my forehead, and I smile.

"It must've cost you to ask Oscar to come here; you didn't know how I was reacting. That was one hell of a risk," I warn him, and he laughs.

"I was dying inside. I truly didn't know what could happen, but I was more worried that you were alright, even if it meant sending Oscar to you."

"How about we eat something? I haven't been eating much with the nerves, but now I feel like I can eat," I say, and he nods happily.

"I haven't been able to eat much either so I really could use the meal," he adds as we both get up.

If I had decided to just ignore him and not communicate, then I would be going through a divorce based on lies. I just wondered what they thought they would get out of this. But I would soon put a stop to this.