𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13

♪ And I talk a good game
I'd die for just the promise you'd listen ♪

Lando Norris POV

I had no idea who she might be involved with, besides the drivers, no one was by her side. I was talking to Max and Charles when I saw Carlos once again reaching her side. She smiled and touched his arm while she laughed at some joke he told her.

"It's not Carlos, you should stop obsessing about it. She doesn't seem to give Amy the time of the day. Where is she by the way?" Charles says as he tries to get my attention.

"She is in London, she is having some troubles there, I don't care." I say as I take a sip of my drink.

"I hope she stays there, she is too much of a pick me for my taste," Max mutters as he looks for Kelly who is with the girls as they talk happily.

The rest of the night was fun, she left without me noticing and I knew she went with him because nobody left with her and she never left alone. I am just glad she is enjoying life.

Seeing the state I left her in honestly broke something inside me, I couldn't handle the fact that I made her cry. Did I make her sad during all these months? This is someone I was friends with for years, I should've been more careful, maybe I could've come to a mutual understanding of how to keep our distance but I failed.

Monaco's weekend was getting close. Her family would be here and so would mine. I traveled to Monaco on Monday, and on Wednesday everyone was here and a dinner was scheduled. I was the last one to arrive apparently, Eleanor was there in a happy conversation with all the women at the table. Both of the fathers and my brother were discussing something too.

"Hello everyone," I say as I sit by Eleanor's side.

"Look who decided to come!" Emily says as Eleanor elbows her sister discreetly.

"It's good to see you. I was worried about the lateness," her dad, Albert, says and I shake my head.

"I am sorry. I got caught in traffic, which doesn't happen much normally," I am apologetic, it wasn't my point to be late.

"There is no problem darling, it's only for 10 minutes. See what you want so we can order our food!" Her stepmom, Margot, says excitedly. Her stepmom and my mom are both the nicest people I've ever met, I can see why they are good friends.

"Thank you," I say as I start looking through the options and we order a few minutes later.

The dinner was nice but towards the end her father asked to speak privately with both of us, we headed outside and looked at the view from the harbor while he waited a few minutes before saying anything else.

"What has been happening to both of you? Since the marriage, I have been hearing the most obscene claims. Emily has said you have been having an affair with someone that is very disrespectful towards my daughter" He crosses his arms as he waits for an answer.

"You made us do this. If we have to wait 2 years to separate then we will conduct this marriage on our own terms," Eleanor says calmly and he shakes his head disappointed.

"Do you think I did this so you would be humiliated? That woman rang our doorbell and tried to tell us about the affair, she even sent pictures to some magazines. We had to pay for that to be hidden." Albert was clearly outraged by our actions.

"He will take care of it, it won't happen again. She was out of line and we apologize," she says as she gives me a threatening look.

"I am sorry. I will take care of it, I will put an end to it immediately." I tell him decisively and he nods.

"I trust you both to enjoy the opportunity that we have given to you. You are better than this," he says as he puts his hand on my shoulder. "You are better than this." He left after he said those words to me but we stayed there.

"You really chose a shitty woman to have an affair with," the words left her mouth with some anger and I nodded.

"I'm sorry, she never said anything to make me suspect she would pull this stunt, I told you I would take care of this," I say calmly and she nods.

"Fix this."

That was all she said before she headed inside. I followed her and paid the bill before our fathers got a chance to fight for it.

"Will you go home? Do you want a ride?" I asked as I got closer to her while they said their goodbyes.

"Are you going to the apartment too?" She asks surprisedly and I nod.

"Our families are here, and people will wait for any excuse to talk about us. Are you coming home after this?" I ask once again and she nods.

"I will take the ride," she says before she ends her hugs with both families. I also did the same and we left in my car. Our apartment was close by so it was a fast drive.

"She can't set foot in this house and she for sure can't be close to my family during this weekend. The next time I see her I can assure you that I will drag her by her hair extensions. Keep her away from me and my family." Her words were confident and her warning had meaning to it.

"I'm not stupid, she won't come to Monaco at all. She is in London."

"Okay. Have a good night then Lando," she heads to one of the guest's bedrooms and enters before I have a chance to answer.

I did my routine and went to the gym in the morning before she had even woken up. I came back and she was gone. I had lunch and went to the track to do the press conference and other activities I had with McLaren, Monaco is a crazy weekend, there isn't a single free moment between Wednesday and Saturday. But the parties are crazy! I love them.