𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 11

♪ I've been taking shelter in reaching new highs
When I was 19, I wanted to die ♪

Lando Norris POV

This situation was bad from the beginning and I made it worse for both. I lost a childhood friendship. I forgot everything I knew about her. What's done is done. I'm glad she found someone who could give her everything.

Knowing she had a crush on me made my heart sink because I had a crush on her for the longest time. But she was always so outgoing and friendly that I thought she was always this happy with everyone so I didn't make a move. Now she met someone in Australia and I am glad.

I just can't stop reviving the moment when her eyes got teary because of me. I made her cry, I know it. She ran to Carlos when I did it. She should've run to me, I could have comforted her, I always knew how to do it but she doesn't trust me anymore, rightfully.

She didn't come to the garage, she was probably in Ferrari's garage, she always waited for me in the motorhome and we would leave. I think it's because it looked better.

The race came and surprisingly Carlos won and I got second. McLaren is competitive but I want my win, I need to win. I want first place for once, Daniel did it so I can surely achieve it with the car we have now.

I hugged everyone and I saw Carlos and Ellie had hugged already. I saw her and I stopped in front of her, she looked up at me and our eyes locked.

"Congratulations. It's your turn to win, what are you waiting for? Silverstone?" She asked jokingly and I smiled. I missed this.

"This," I answer as I push her to me and I kiss her passionately.

As my lips left hers I remembered the fact that she was seeing someone and so am I. How does my mind go completely blank with just a look from her? This is exactly what I was avoiding. I can't fall for her. I won't give our families that pleasure.

The day ended and Oscar came to congratulate me.

"I wish I had seen the end of the race. Alpine called me in at the worst time. Congratulations! Podiums are your thing this year," he is excited and I nod.

"This year is going pretty well, I think I will be able to score a win pretty soon. At least I hope so," I say as we walk to the motorhome where I knew Eleanor would be waiting for us to leave. I had a quick meeting but we could leave soon after.

"Well, I have to go but good luck in Monaco mate." He says happily before he runs to Alpine's motorhome, I laugh and I arrive at McLaren's watching as Eleanor talks to Zak on the outside of the motorhome.

"I was waiting for you so we could go," Zak says hurriedly and I nod.

"See you in a bit," I tell Eleanor before following Zak.

I did all the meetings I had to do, I took pictures and signed autographs on my way to the motorhome where I met Eleanor, who joined me and we started walking to my car.

"Are you going to Carlos's party?" She asks as she answers some text on her phone.

"I was thinking of going, is your guy going to be there? I would like to meet him, you know Amy," I say nervously, I needed to see how he was and who he was. Why? I don't know.

"I wish I didn't know Amy. She is a stuck-up bitch, has her ego on the sky, and is literally annoying as fuck. Mind your own business and I will mind mine," she says angrily and I take a deep breath, how am I fucking it all up?

"I am going too. I'm sorry if the question was stupid, I would just like to know who he is so I know if I find him at our house in London or our apartment in Monaco. It was a stupid thought I said out loud, I'm sorry." I say regrettably and she nods.

"He won't go into the places we supposedly live in together. You go to her apartment and I go to his, that is respectful. You won't need to run into him, don't worry."

"Do you want me to take you to the club?" I ask but she shakes her head.

"I am going with Kelly, Lily, and Carmen."

We got to the hotel and separated ways there. I went into my room, showered, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and headed to the nearest restaurant to eat something before arriving at the party. The girls were already there so I could only guess that Eleanor was somewhere with the new guy. She never confirmed he would be here but I bet he is.

"How does winning feel like?" I ask when I find Carlos and I hug him.

"You will know it pretty soon, I am sure of it," Carlos says confidently.

"Have you seen her?" I ask a bit quietly and he is surprised.

"Your wife? Yeah, she looks great as always. You really fumbled that," Carlos says as he laughs.

"Did you know she was with someone lately?" I ask curiously.

"I did, she told me, she vented to me and I told her she should go ahead. She deserves some fun and you wouldn't give it to her so why not? You have Amy and she has him," he seems amused by the situation and I roll my eyes.

"Do you know who he is?" I am now even more curious and he is having fun.

"I do, but that is none of your business. If she wants you to know she will tell you, chill out. You were having fun until now, now it's her turn. Enjoy it," he says before Charles calls him.

Does everyone know? I think Daniel also knows. I love my friends.