𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 54

❝Tell me, why are we wasting time
On all your wasted crying
When you should be with me instead?❞

Oscar Piastri POV

I was minding my business, and by that, I mean that I was relaxing in bed. I would fly tomorrow to Austin, but I got a call from Lando, and I doubted about answering. Yesterday marked his second anniversary with Ellie, and he had no reason to call me. 

We are friends, we hang out and all that, but Ellie is a subject we don't talk about; I say hi to her, and I still talk to her shortly, but I need to protect myself by keeping my distance, especially while under the influence of alcohol.

I ended up picking up because he called three times, and he has never done that even when I fell asleep to record a video for McLaren.

"Oscar! You are coming to Austin tomorrow as planned, right?" He asks in a rush, and I am taken aback; something is wrong.

"Yes. Is there anything you need? Did you forget anything?" I ask worriedly.

"No. I need a favor. I need you to check up on Eleanor, please. She left to London, no one is there. Literally no one, both of our families, is here. I need to know she is fine, please. I don't care about the past; I just don't want her to do anything crazy," he is begging me, and I am struggling to find a sweatshirt to put on as I pick up my car keys.

"What happened, Lando?" I am uneasy now. She is not the type of person to fly around the world, knowing everyone who loves and supports her is not here.

"She thinks I cheated on her. I didn't. She wants a divorce and just left. I thought she would check into another room, but she had other plans. Do with this information as you please," I sense the fear in his voice, but I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Don't be an asshole, Eleanor chose you, even if she is regretting it right now," I tell him as I unlock my car in the garage.

"Send me a text if you get to talk to her. She is probably home, thank you for this," he says when the call transfers to the car.

"Don't worry about it," I hung up and drove to their house. I rang the doorbell and waited.

The gate opened, and I parked my car in their driveway. She steps outside, surprise being obvious on her face. She seemed tired, and that woman didn't sleep for sure.

"You look like shit," I commented as I approached her, and she laughed, which was the goal. 

"Good to know; I was about to drown my sorrow in a failed attempt to seduce you once again," she sarcastically says, and I shrug.

"It might not have been that failed if we are being honest," I comment as I follow her inside and we sit on the couch. I texted Lando quickly, telling him she was fine.

"I never thought he would send you here, is he not afraid I might use you for revenge? Fucking asshole," she is angry, and I am curious.

"You never used me; I did it of my own free will. He was worried and I am the only option, there is no one else he knew that you would open the door to," I explain and she nods giving me a small smile.

"Do you know what happened?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"I know his version; I care more for yours," that got me an honest smile as she took out her phone showing me pictures.

Lando and Amy. It looked recent, he only had this car this year, and that pissed me off because he has Ellie, she chose him, and she trusted him. And he went for Amy? What?

"My mom was here, and she is on Amy's side. Lando was planning to divorce at the beginning of 2024; she talked about him using the divorce for money and his image. I doubted it until I went to his desk and found some pictures. Pictures of us," her words shook me to the core.

"Us?" I ask confusedly, she gets up and we walk upstairs. She stops in Lando's office, he records his videos playing there. I look at the desk and see the pictures.

Someone followed us last year, that is for sure. Some are in my car; one is viewing the inside of my apartment. How would Lando have that? Why would he have that?

"I- How?" My words fell short and I couldn't quite believe it.

"I don't know. I never noticed someone following us around. Why would he have this Oscar? Would he use this for sympathy points? Release it to the media as an affair? He is not like this, but he was never a cheater either," she is completely lost, and I don't know what to say, so I just hug her.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you, but I'm not the one with the answers. You need to think about this and gather everything you want to know. Write down the questions and tell him you will only talk to him to clarify this. Maybe call Riley or Em, they should accompany you to have a talk with Amy, see how her version sticks. She and your mom can't be trusted," I say as my hand runs up and down her back in an attempt to calm down her crying.

"Did I make the wrong decision? Did he ever love me? Why would he go to her?" She asked me between sobs, and I felt heartbroken for her, even if my heart was racing and beating strongly against my ribcage. 

"You didn't make the wrong decision; it can't all be easy, but you will make it through; you aren't alone; you never were. I am a call away," I say as I kiss the top of her head. She looks up at me, and I gulp. Too close. Way too close.

"I thought you hated me," she says as her eyes stop on mine. I shake my head as I give her a smile.

"I could never hate you. Don't be silly. You know why it was best to keep a distance, but I am still here for whatever you need," I say as I take the hair off of her face.

"You are too good, Oscar, too good for your own good," she whispers as she smiles, and I smile back.

"Good people are underrated," I say cheekily, and she chuckles.

"Indeed," she whispers as we exit to head downstairs. I missed her, I missed the feeling of her body on mine, and I didn't need a reminder of it. But she needed someone, who am I to refuse?