𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 19

♫ I get it 'cause I actually
Feel the same sometimes I think
I might be a lost cause who turns off ♫

Lando Norris POV

Imagine my surprise when I do my media duties and I get back to my driver's room to change into my race suit and I smell a cologne that wasn't mine and people tell me my wife was the one who was there. It was definitely her smell mixed with some cologne I don't recognize and it will be hard to.

I went to the garage and saw her in the garage with Emily and Riley as they talked, the cologne wasn't her father's, and neither was it my father's or my brother's. Did she take her lover to my room? Is she playing with fire? Because we can both get burned. I don't care.

"Ladies," I say as I join the three of them who look surprised to see me.

"Lando, is something wrong?" Riley asks curiously.

"Nothing is wrong, just thought I could be by my wife's side," I say as I lean my head on her shoulder and rest it there. She still smelled like the guy. Fucking hell. Why is this pissing me off? I want her to be happy, but not all over my things and face.

"Are you sick?" Emily asks with a concerned look and even puts her hand on my forehead.

"I'm not with a fever or sick. Do you prefer me to just be the villain? Is it easier?" I ask with a grin, she turns around and I lose my chin support.

"This is not easy and you know it," she says angrily and I get closer.

"People are watching baby. Kiss me so everything looks alright," I whisper with a smile as people look at us. She got closer and hugged me.

"What games are you playing Norris?" She asks as she looks up at me.

"I don't know. Should I bring my mistress to your room too?" I ask as I lean down to touch her lips.

"Don't you dare." She warns me before my lips touch hers, it isn't a soft kiss, whoever it is, I knew he was seeing this so I hope the message is sent. He can be her dirty little secret. She is my wife until the divorce is settled and that is not in the near future.

"Thank you baby," I say as I put the balaclava on and then the helmet.

The practice went well and I got first place once again. I got out of the car, the team was hyped and I kept looking at Eleanor, this wouldn't be the end of it. I did my media duties and met everyone at the hospitality so we could have lunch before qualifying. Everything went normally until the time came for me to get ready for qualifying.

"Give me 5 minutes," I ask Zak who nods and I look at Eleanor. "Can you give a minute of your time?" I ask with a smile and she nods as she follows me to a room close by.

"What is it now?" She asks as she crosses her arms over her chest and I take a few steps in her direction.

"Wish me good luck, maybe I can win this weekend," I tell her as I lift her chin so she would look at me.

"Good luck Lando," her tone was ambivalent, she didn't know what to feel, and neither did I.

"Can you keep your toy boy outside of my things? That was a bit far," I say as our eyes were focused on each other, no one would give it up.

"Oh, shut up Lando. You don't know what you are talking about," she says as she tries to create distance between us but the wall behind her only allowed her to take two steps back.

"Fine."

I lowered my hand and touched her ass from outside her skirt, she was too shocked to push me off, so I lifted the skirt and confirmed my thoughts. She has no underwear.

"You gave it to him? That was a risky move. What do I get now if I am on pole? My wife has nothing to offer me." I say with a hint of condescendence and I knew I was being a dick.

"You want nothing from me. I won't fill in for Amy, you can use your hand if you are that needy." She blurts out angrily and I nod.

"I don't care about Amy, we know it. Do you care about him?" I ask as I'm trying to maintain the indifference, but my chest is burning for the answer.

"Why wouldn't I care about him? He is not a casual fuck. He has given what you couldn't," she threw those words at me with such callously that I took a step back and finally broke eye contact.

"Too late then. I will see you in an hour luckily," I say before I turn to leave the room. I put on the helmet and entered the car before she got out of the room.

I got pole position and I celebrated it, but I looked around and felt numb. Is she in love with the guy? Is that possible to have occurred in so little time? As I hugged the team I could only look for her until she appeared. She was genuinely happy for me and I smiled. Forget the numbness, I am filled with pride now, she is proud of me.

"Congratulations! You deserve it!" She says as she kisses my helmet and I am glad she can't see how I am looking at her.

I did everything and went to get her so we could leave. I don't even know if she will be coming with me.

"Are we going now?" She asks when she sees me and I nod.

"See you tomorrow," Riley says as she tightly hugs her best friend and Emily hugs her sister the same way.

"Do you want to come over for dinner? Girls' night or whatever you call it. I can call Flo and Cisca," my offer clearly shocked them.

"And you?" Emily asks confusedly.

"I can stay with Fewtrell for the night, I don't really care."

"That would be very sweet of you Lando," Emily says happily.

"Well, I will call Cisca and Flo. Take my car. I will go with Danny and Fewtrell to the hotel, they are in the same," I say as I give my car keys to Eleanor.

I kiss her cheek and prepare to leave their side. Instead, she tiptoed and gave me a hug, which prompted me to make sure her skirt didn't raise too much so everyone could see more than they should. I left after that, pleased to have gotten that hug.

I talked to Cisca and Flo who were immediately in on it. Savannah was going too, my brother would take her since my car was full already. I went to the hotel with Danny and Fewtrell and had dinner with them, Verstappen joined us too and it was a generally funny dinner. I hope she is having fun too. She deserves it.