Chapter 8 : Courage

छुपे राज़ में, एक बंदूक की खामोशी,

लड़की का भय, पर उसकी ताकत महाकोश है।

किस्मत के नाच में, कहानी खुलती है,

जहां दिल मिलते हैं, एक दुनिया के चक्रव्यूह में।

_________________________________________________________

Recap:

Connecting a small device to one of the laptops, he expertly deleted all traces of their covert communications, leaving no evidence behind.

________________________________________

After completing the task of sending the information, Luke fixed Erebus with an incredulous stare.

"Did you really do that? Who is she? How did you—no, no, it's impossible! Tell me, how did you manage to shake off that drug?" he exclaimed, his tone oscillating between disbelief and curiosity.

With a mixture of disbelief and genuine admiration, he couldn't help but pepper Erebus with questions, each one more incredulous than the last.

"It's impossible that you touch any girl, you never let those beautiful girls of capital to get close to you, and here you........" . Inside his mind, "This block of wood can actually do that? "

"None of you business.", Erebus and he started walking the way he came.

"Wait, did you actually wake up next to her, like in the stories? Erebus, you sly dog, you have some explaining to do!" Luke's eyes widened in mock horror, a grin threatening to break through his facade of disbelief.

"Or did you find a magic potion or something? Or did you suddenly develop superhuman resistance to drugs overnight?"

"Hey, where are going, you have some explaining to do! Erebus? Bro...."

Erebus stopped walking, turned around and stared coldly at Luke who was taking non-stop, Luke stopped mid-way and knew, knew that it really is true. 'It happened', his mind suddenly gone blank. "What the fuck......" in his mind.

"It's like seeing a unicorn dance with a leprechaun in a field of rainbows! Erebus, I've known you for ages, and you've always been as cold as the Arctic, especially to those society girls back in the capital. Now, here you are, cozying up to a captive refugee in the middle of nowhere forest! I just can't wrap my head around it!" Luke exclaimed.

His disbelief evident in his exaggerated gestures and wide-eyed expression. "Did someone cast a love spell on you or something? Because this is beyond belief!"

Erebus resumed his steps without saying anything with cold face but internally his emotions were in turmoil.

Luke's demeanor shifted abruptly as he grasped Erebus by the elbow, his typically easygoing and playful nature vanishing in an instant.

He adopted a serious and intense demeanor, his gaze cold and stern as if he were performing surgery. "What's your plan now, Erebus?" Luke's voice was devoid of its usual warmth, replaced by a tone of severity. "Are you simply going to act as though nothing happened and ignore her and get her into clutches of these demons here?"