Chapter 21 : Manifesting hatred

Recap:

" Hahahaha....", Rehaan laughed and ended the convo, well knowing his sons, after all he is their father.

_________________________________________________

Back to the captive camp

Tomorrow Morning........

Erebus' POV

The usual morning bustle filled the air as everyone stirred from slumber, seemingly oblivious to the upcoming inspection

The usual morning bustle filled the air as everyone stirred from slumber, seemingly oblivious to the upcoming inspection. As I made my way toward the tent entrance, my path unexpectedly crossed with Ayushi, her hurried demeanor betraying the urgency of the moment. It was clear that she was running late.

Ayushi bowed her head silently and hastened toward the assignment area, her footsteps echoing the weight of her tardiness. As anticipated, she was met with a barrage of scolding for her lateness.

One woman's voice pierced the air, dripping with disdain, "Do you think you're a delicate flower, while we're all made of stone? Late again? Look at Amelia, even though she was exhausted yesterday from them, she managed to arrive on time."

Amelia's gaze darted away as our eyes met, seeking refuge and attention in avoidance. Ayushi then turned to me, her head bowed in deference, standing silently in my presence.

I made my way to the main discussion area, acutely aware of the bullying Ayushi endured, particularly heard from Luke.

Despite my desire to intervene, I couldn't act without her explicit request for assistance.

Ayushi's resilience, her unwillingness to seek help even in the face of adversity, set her apart.

In the evening,

The long-awaited inspection finally arrived, masquerading as a friendly visit, though the irony wasn't lost on anyone.

Three men emerged, each distinct in their appearance. The first, tall with shoulder-length hair, he was like copy of Viktor. The second, short and stout, bore the telltale signs of excessive smoking, evident in his perpetual grin. The third, unassuming yet tall, seemed to blend into the background. All wore face masks, their expressions obscured, adding an element of mystery to their presence.

The inspection proceeded without a hitch, the facade of normalcy maintained seamlessly. Unbeknownst to anyone, the five guards stationed in the main camp were actually Erebus's some of the soldiers, strategically placed five days prior. A smirk played at the corners of Erebus's lips, a silent acknowledgment of the success of his carefully laid plan, inching closer to its culmination.

_______________________________________

Despite Erebus's meticulous planning and calculated moves, there remained an underlying sense of unease, a feeling that unseen obstacles lurked just beyond the periphery of their awareness.