Chapter 17 : Suspicious

Recap:

"Go, go find it , make sure it won't get into hands of others. Do you understand?", I instructed this careless bastard.

______________________________________

Luke's POV

"Yeah, yeah, I am going, I am going", I muttered, hastily turned and there I saw petite figure of little girl. I have been observing her from the past month, and have been impressed by her.

Despite the cruelty of her circumstances, she possessed a quiet resilience that left me in awe. She always silently did her work, and return to camp.

He knew two girls were bullying her and the other girl, named Eve. But they always did their work on time, still they will be punished continuously.

She will always to return to camp with injuries, but remained steadfast. Even though they will beat her, but she never shed tears, and not to mention never succumb to darkness like others.

Unlike other women, who to not be beaten, not be punished, they will do worse things with men of the main camp, yes, in this harsh treatment and living, everyone will do their best to live.

He sometimes wondered, how the hell this Erebus dared to sleep with her. I bet, she was definitely injured or unconscious, if not, she would have never allowed Erebus to past her boundaries.

I glared at Erebus, and smiled at her gently for the first time, she was shocked, Why won't she be? A usual carefree but serious guy who always ignored her presence, suddenly smile at her. I noticed some lashed bruises on her neck, she was bullied today. I said, "Take care" and got out.

But, unlike other times, I came back and gave her a herbal paste. And then again got out, Because of someone's cruel glaring, as if it will directly dig a hole on my back.

Erebus's POV

I saw her smiling at Luke when he gave her medicine, that smile was the first time I saw since she came in here. I "hated" their interaction very much, why is she smiling at him? What is there to smile? He just gave her medicine, I also give her, why is she smiling at him, but never did to me.

I glare at Luke, and he "fled" from here. The moment he goes out, her smile vanished as if it was not there at all, seeing this, unknowingly, my jaw clenched. I tried to control my anger and instinctively held her hand.

I felt her tremble. She stilled as if I am going to beat her. Although, I did treated her brutally that night, but I was influenced by drug, I wasn't in my senses at all.

I said, "Why are you here at this time?"

"I ......I did my work and ..... and was supposed to clean tents", she answered

"Ok, but since, when you started stuttering?" I asked again, as I didn't like this fear and her different treatment for me and that Luke.

"Vo ....vo, wrist, my wrist.....", and I looked down saw her wrist red with marks and it also has scratches of nails. I hated that I am powerless to protect her here, in this place. I wanted to show everything to her, but can't.

I was about to lead her toward bed, but.....

"Boss Erebus!!", Someone's shouted outside

"Bastards", I cursed under my breath

I guided her to get into inside chamber. A man came and said, "Boss, Boss Marcus has been demanding your presence"

"Okay, let's go"

I started going with him.

Luke's POV

I wandered through the camp to find my controller and spotted a girl clad in white attire. It was Amelia, a figure I recognized for her manipulative ways. Like a white lotus, she seemed to effortlessly obtain whatever she desired, often leveraging her looks and charms.

Yet, as I recalled the details about her from the documents Erebus had provided, a wave of disgust washed over me, penetrating to my very core.

She actually wanted to sold her younger sister out of jealousy. But, unfortunately, they mistaken her as her sister because of their almost similar looks and that's how she ended up here.

I don't know if this is true or not, but after coming here she didn't slept with anyone, but still used her beautiful face to escape and dragged another girl with her. That other girl, she committed suicide the day she woke up.

She came near to me, "Boss Luke, Are you trying to find something?"

"No" I said simply, and got back to my tent, while muttering " God know where it is now....."

Unbeknownst to him, the girl lurking behind him caught wind of his words and narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Silently seething with indignation, she retreated to the safety of her tent and retrieved the controller.

Upon closer inspection, her suspicion confirmed—the device lacked the distinctive "V" symbol that adorned all of Viktor's control mechanisms.