Chapter 19 : Caught

Recap:

"Ok, then tell us", Luke

"N...Not, H...here n..not", Amelia said

_________________________________________

Erebus's POV

I took Luke's controller from this woman, and Luke asked her. We took her to Luke's tent and sat there on the chair leiserly while her standing in the middle.

__________________________________________

"Well, leiserly in there language, they were more like a kings, awaiting for their subjects to speak"

_________________________________________

I waited for her to speak, she didn't say anything just staring here and their. Luke's tent has natural herbal smell, because he love science and has keen interest in herbs. That's why most of the time he would be venturing around the forest and getting herbs here whenever he has time.

"Do you think we don't know how to punish?", Luke spoke dangerously while taking out his belt. She gulped and started, "Vik....Viktor has spies in the 4 camp. whom you would never know without me. Be...Because they are kept here and other camps to spy on you all"

"And?", Luke

"He left Marcus here, so that he can protect some of the documents"

We showed no interest as if we already know about it.

She again said, "Viktor was planning to make a surprise inspection by sending 2 members after 15 days."

"He has a box where he put some of his illegal documents." This successfully got our attention. Because this info was only with core members, not with a captive.

"How do you know about it?", I spoke for the first time in a cold yet calm voice.

She was shocked for a while, then gulped and stood with her head low.

We stared at each other and looked at her again, she said, "He", she gulped again, "thought I was unconscious so took all decision while I lay there"

And we understood. He would gangrape her, everyone knew Viktor was into violence, how can someone lay conscious after his brutal assault. We didn't say anything and I got a tinge of sympathy for her. Who would want to be raped?

But, then my thoughts went to little chipmunk of mine.

I asked, "Why should we trust you?"

"Be....because I hate him and everyone present here" Her eyes filled with tears and intense hatred, it turned red, "I hate them, they took advantage of me every fucking time. Why? Why should I endure this?"

I heard and didn't felt anything wrong with it, everyone present here hate them.

"Why will you be with us, then?"

"Be...because you want to rescue us. Believe me, I can help you really, I can really help you. That.... That Marcus, I can keep an eye on him. I can tell you Viktor's spy here in this camp, just get me out of this place. I.... I don't want to live here please, I be..... begging you " while she sat on our knees with tears all over her face.

We just nodded. "Ok, now get out, and never dare to go against us. I hope you know that not only I am capable of killing you but also everyone here, alone."

After, that I came out of his tent, and faced her, Ayushi. Who was getting inside my tent. Behind me is that girl on one side and other side Luke.

She looked at me, Luke and then the girl behind me, and then bowed and get into the tent.

I felt my anger risen seeing her attitude, but as usual I am powerless. I can't even show care, concern and anger toward the girl I like, Yes, I accept I like her, I don't know why, but I just want. Her perseverance, resilience, and observation are just mind-blowing.

But, Why do I feel like I cheated on her for a moment?

I shook off my thoughts, and got inside my tent, ignoring two persons behind me. And saw her coming out of bathroom. With t-shirt, worn-out sweater, and pants. She already has dinner and me as well. She laid on the corner of the bed as usual, and me next to her.

I wanted to turn to her, but didn't, I really don't have guts to face her, I knew If I would, I couldn't resist taking her hand habitually, but she is not asleep yet.

If I did that, she would rather kill herself then to stay here in this tent with me.

After 30 min, I heard her even breathing. And gently held her hand and turned towards her. Moon can't be seen due to long forest tree. But, in the dim light of candle, few lines came in my mind looking at her,

"Iss kadar hmara dil tatolte hai vo,

Mano sile hue labon ko kholte hai vo,

Khuda ke siwa jb koi milta nhi unhe,

Hass dete hai tb kuch na bolte hain vo ....."

In a moment of unexpected tenderness, an impulse seized me, compelling me to draw her close. With gentle hands, I cradled her head against my chest, feeling the softness of her hair against my skin.

As I enveloped her in my embrace, I felt a sense of completeness wash over me, as if I had found my solace and sanctuary in her arms. In that fleeting moment, she became my moonlight, my guiding star, and my haven from the storm of the world outside.

And so, with her nestled against me, I surrendered to the embrace of sleep, finding peace in her presence.

_________________________________________

After 14 days........

Erebus's  tent

Next few days, everything went same, except additional member in our team, that girl. I still don't know her name, neither am I interested. When I told Freya about her, she was looking like she is going to murder someone or rather me and Luke.

I was feeling extremely angry at that Markus who was sleeping around anywhere he want and with whoever. He is practically behaving like a dog in heat.

Ayushi, came inside with my lunch and behind her Luke came.

Luke, "Why is your face .....is like a .......bitter gourd."

"Isn't that his usual face?" Ayushi muttered, but heard by Luke and me. 

"HAHAHAHA...... That's true."

I glared at him, and Ayushi hurriedly placed my lunch and got out of the tent, or rather say, "fled".

Then, "Freya" came inside, Luke directly hugged her and she pushed him by saying, with a slight smile, "go away, dramebaaz"

And came to me, with a smile I held her in my arms like a precious baby that she will always be for us.

We separated, we looked at her all around to see injuries, but she ignored as usual and started planning further, tomorrow supposed inspection is going to happen. And we have to find a way to replace our soldiers with the guard here, for the rescue.