Chapter 28

Elliana's POV

We make it to our last 4 hours just outside Vegas, we had been driving for a while and Ronnie had pulled over to a rest stop so we can stretch our legs and use the bathroom.

" I'm gonna go see if there's any vending machines and use the bathroom." I tell him leaning off the side of the car

" wait kitten, here." He said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a few ones

" can't get snacks without some money first." He said winking and I rolled my eyes playfully and giggled slightly, taking the money from him

I walk up the hill and over to the vending machine, I grab some chips for us and some candy then head into the bathroom, I quickly do what I need to and come out of the stall going to wash my hands. As I'm washing my hands the lights flicker off and I look around then at myself in the mirror and my body freezes for a moment as I look at the shadow that's staring back at me.

" you can't run darling. I am coming for you and your little boyfriend." The shadow says and I scream a blood curdling scream as the lights flicker on and I spin around on my heel looking at where the shadow just was but nothing is there

I can hear Ronnie yelling for me just outside the bathroom and I grab our things and run out to him. I walk fastly passed him trying to hold in the tears as fear wreaks havoc inside of me.

" kitten stop! What happened why are you walking so fast!" He says as I hear his footsteps coming up from behind me swiftly

" I saw him again Ronnie! Again! I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks because of fear or what but I just want to get to Vegas and try to put this shit behind me." I whip around to him his mouth closed and he nods not saying anything more as we load back up into the car finishing our drive.

Stupid stupid mind. Fuck you for playing these foul tricks on me or whatever it is you're doing, I say to myself. I just want to be okay again but I fear I won't be okay for a long time. I wish I had a memory blocker I could zap myself with and forget all about those few days with Andy but that's not real so I can't do that.

I just have to keep telling myself I'm safe I'm fine with Ronnie, nothing else is going to happen we escaped the clutches of that nasty man now there's nothing but going up from here, and plus I want, no I need to be healed enough to be able to be close to Ronnie again, I can't stand not kissing him or being wrapped around him it's ripping me apart from the inside out.

———
We finally make it to the beautiful and very crowded Las Vegas. We drive down the main strip and it's nothing but casinos and bars and also even little shopping areas, not to add plenty of restaurants to choose from, honestly Vegas is looking pretty good so far.

" like it?" Ronnie asks me as I continue to look out the window amazed by all the things there is to look at

" it's quite beautiful in its own way honestly, are we getting another hotel here?" I ask him finally looking at him as he drives through the traffic

" nope. I had something better in mind." He says with a smirk and continues driving

We come up on a very tall building, just 10 minutes outside of the strip, he gets out coming around to my side and letting me out.

" what are we doing here?" I ask him as he grabs a different duffle bag from the ones we have our stuff inside

" come on you'll see kitten." He says as we make our way into the very lavish and stylish building

He walks over to a older woman working at what looks to me as a service desk, casino machines, roulette tables and black jack tables all line the main lobby, white marble floors and deep wine red walls with gold accents anywhere you could fit them, it was actually quite beautiful.