Chapter Fifty Three

Dylan approached the remaining members of Greyson's pack, his steps heavy with the weight of responsibility. As their Alpha and Beta had fallen in battle, leaving them leaderless, it fell upon him to address their uncertain future.

The werewolves, their faces drawn and weary, looked up at him expectantly as he cleared his throat, preparing to speak.

"As your Alpha, is no more. Your pack needs a new leader." He began

"Until Greyson's son, who is but a child of ten years, comes of age, you must have someone to lead all of you," Dylan said, his gaze sweeping over the assembled werewolves. "I ask you to consider carefully, to choose wisely, for the future of our pack depends on it."

There was a murmur of agreement among the werewolves as they exchanged glances, weighing their options. Dylan could see the uncertainty in their eyes, the fear of making the wrong choice.

"We need someone who is strong, someone who is wise," one of the werewolves spoke up, his voice firm despite the tremor of emotion. "Someone who will lead us with honor and integrity."

Another werewolf nodded in agreement. "We cannot afford to be divided in these trying times," he said, his tone earnest. "We need a leader who will unite us, who won't make wrong choices like Alpha Greyson used to do."

Dylan listened intently, his heart heavy with the weight of their decision. He knew that whoever they chose would carry the burden of leadership with them, a responsibility not to be taken lightly.

After a moment of silence, one of the older werewolves stepped forward, his fur streaked with gray but his eyes bright with determination.

"I will take on the mantle of leadership," he declared,  a collective nod of agreement among the werewolves as they voiced their support for their new leader. Dylan stepped forward, extending his hand in a gesture of solidarity.

"Then it is settled," he said, his voice filled with a quiet resolve. "From this day forward, you shall lead  them with strength and wisdom. I hope everyone truly affrees with this change?" Dylan asked once again.

The members all nodded. "James will make a great leader." A loud voice said admist all the murmurs of agreement.

The werewolves gathered around their new leader, their spirits buoyed by the sense of purpose and solidarity that filled the air. Despite the loss of their Alpha and Beta, they knew that their pack would endure, strengthened by their unwavering determination and the bonds of loyalty that bound them together.

"You all should be on your way back to your pack. And I want to let you all know that if you need anything. Do not hesitate to reach out to the Silver Moon Pack. We are now allies." Dylan said to them all.

The morning sun rose gently over the horizon, casting a warm glow over the landscape that had so recently been a battlefield. The signs of battle were still visible, but a peaceful calm had settled over the area as allies from various realms began to prepare for their journeys back to their homes.

Kamila stood with the elves, her heart heavy yet hopeful. They were preparing their horses and gathering their belongings, their graceful movements a stark contrast to the chaos of the previous day. She approached Aeliana, the elven leader, who was overseeing the preparations with a serene expression.

"Aeliana," Kamila called softly, drawing the elf's attention. "I wanted to thank you and your people once more for standing with us in this fight. Without your help, we might not have prevailed."

Aeliana smiled, a gentle warmth in her eyes. "We fought not only for your cause but for the safety of all our lands," she replied. "The threat Drayka posed was one that none of us could ignore."