Obsession 52

After I hear the shot everything becomes silent. I cling to Michael too terrified to open my eyes. Then I feel someone kiss me softly on the top of my head and I sigh in relief. "Its ok" he whispers holding me tight.

I hold Michael tighter than ever relieved we're both still here. Then I turn to look but Michael quickly cups my face so I'm facing him once again "don't look!" He whispers and Randy limps over to us still holding his leg "is everyone ok?" Michael and I wrap our arms tightly around him. Then suddenly we hear Katria start wailing again.

Michael and I race up the stairs scooping her out of her crib sobbing "it's ok baby, it's ok we're now. mommy and daddy's here" I sob holding her tightly to my chest." We sit huddled on the floor with Katria then Michael turns to me "I have to go check Randy's ok, promise me you won't move from this room" I nod sobbing and he pulls me and Katria into him "I can't let you two see" he kisses us both then goes to Randy.

***
Michael's POV

After making sure Paige and Katria were ok I rush downstairs to Randy.

He was curled up in the corner shaking frantically "sh-she..." He says looking up at me shakily "I know" I whisper Kneeling next to him pulling him and he bursts out crying and holds on to me tightly "Paige!! Katria!!! Are they?...d-did she?" He stutters through the tears "their both safe and it's ok. Paige didn't see anything" I reassure him trying to calm him down then I lift his head up so he's facing me "We have to call an ambulance and the police" he pushes back shaking his head "Randy... we need to call them. Your hurt and she's..." I look over at Laurie then quickly turn back to Randy "we need to call them and we need to calm down before they get here" he nods hesitantly "but what about Paige?"

"She had her eyes closed and was crying into my chest... she didn't see anything" I sigh trying to stay calm and take everything in myself. "We need to get our stories straight and we need to make that call" he shakes his head terrified "but..." I put my hands on his shoulders cutting him off "I promise you.. everything's gonna be ok, only me and you saw what happened and I swear to you nobody will every find out it was you who shot Laurie"

.......