<>5<>

"Daddy will you read these to me tonight?" Niall asked as he and Zayn left the library.

"Sure. But I want you to read them to me too. Okay?" Zayn asked.

"Why?" Niall frowned.

"Well, you're learning to read, aren't you? Why don't you read to me?" Zayn asked.

"Okay, I guess I will. But you have to go to sleep, just like I do. You have to take a nap after I read to you." Niall said.

"No problem." Zayn smiled, opening the car door for Niall.

"Can you get it?" He asked as Niall struggled to buckle himself into his seat.

Niall eventually nodded after he was buckled, tapping the books he had rested in his lap.

"Daddy can we listen to the radio?" Niall asked after Zayn got into the car.

"Mhmm." Zayn hummed, lighting cigarette.

He turned the radio on for Niall, and started driving home, smiling to himself at the sound of Niall singing.

When the two got home, Niall ran off into his room to play, and Zayn put the groceries away.

Zayn then settled down on the couch with his phone, staring at the contact labeled as Officer Styles.

He took a deep breath, and decided to call.

It was only a little after lunch time, so Zayn hoped he wasn't bothering Harry.

"Yeah?" Harry answered, making Zayn's heart skip a beat.

"Uh, hi. Um, I dunno if you remember me. I'm the guy who...threw up on you." Zayn said, figuring that would help Harry remember.

"Oh, hey. Calling about the job?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I decided I'd like to apply." Zayn nodded.

"Great. I'll get you the paperwork today and show it to the chief after you fill it out." Harry said.

"Thanks." Zayn smiled a little.

"No problem." Harry replied.

An awkward silence followed.

"So....how will you..I-I mean d'you want to meet somewhere to give me the papers?" Zayn asked, glancing at Niall as he came in and hopped up on the couch next to him.

"Oh, well....I don't get off until eleven tonight. Maybe tomorrow morning?" Harry suggested.

"Sure. What time and where?" Zayn asked.

Niall watched his daddy closely, listening to him speak and looking over his tattoos.

"How about nine? I could bring the papers by your house if you want." Harry said.

"That works." Zayn nodded.

"Alright. See you then."

"Right." Zayn said before they hang up.

"Daddy I'm bored." Niall complained.

"Wanna help daddy's back?" Zayn asked.

"Okay." Niall said, not seeming too thrilled.

Zayn got on the floor, laying on his stomach.

"Work your magic."

Niall stepped up onto Zayn's back, slowly walking up, and down it.

"Perfect." Zayn hummed while Niall tried to keep his balance.

Eventually, Niall got tired and stretched out across Zayn's back, resting his head just below the back of Zayn's neck.