<>9<>

"Holy shit." Zayn heard Louis say from behind him.

He turned away from the mirror, looking at him where he stood in their bedroom doorway.

"What is it?" Zayn asked, staring him.

"You look amazing." Louis admitted, the sight of Zayn standing there in his full police uniform turning him on.

"Oh, thanks I guess." Zayn said, turning back to the mirror.

Louis, interestingly, was off on Zayn's first day.

He took Niall to school this morning while Zayn slept, and even made Zayn breakfast.

"Course." Louis said softly, watching Zayn fondly.

He'd been trying his absolute best lately to please Zayn.

Well, in every way but sexually because Zayn would shrug him off each time he tried anything.

Zayn adjusted his belt, checking his gun to make sure the safety was on.

"Can't believe I'm doing this." Zayn said, straight from this thoughts.

"I'm proud of you, you know. Honestly." Louis said.

"Thank you." Zayn said, continuing to stare at his own reflection until he heard Harry blow the patrol car horn out in the driveway.

Zayn walked towards the bedroom door, close to slipping past Louis without saying a word.

But Louis reached out and gently touched his arm, getting his attention.

"Kiss?" He asked, looking into Zayn's eyes.

Zayn planned on making the kiss quick, but as he pulled back Louis chased his lips, deepening the kiss.

Zayn didn't appreciate that.

Mainly because it felt good.

"I love you, Zayn." Louis said as his husband turned away from him.

"You too." Zayn answered, refusing to tell Louis that he loved him unless Niall was present.

He just couldn't do it.

It felt wrong.

"Morning, officer." Harry smiled as Zayn got in the car.

"D'you have your gun?"

Zayn nodded.

"Perfect. I told the chief that we'll be at the shooting range today." Harry said, one hand rested on top of the wheel as he drove.

"All day?" Zayn asked.

"Until you shoot a bullseye. Yeah." Harry smirked, knowing they'd be there all day in that case.

"Don't doubt my aim." Zayn warned, smiling a little.

"I'm thinking realistically, not doubting. You have no prior experience with shooting a gun." Harry said.

"You don't know that." Zayn said.

"I think I do. Chief said you didn't have a criminal record or anything." Harry said.

"Cos I'm too good to get caught." Zayn scoffed. "Plus, maybe I like to hunt."

"Hunt?" Harry scoffed. "You're funny."

Zayn looked at him. "Why can't I hunt?"

"Hunting isn't a very clean activity. You stopped during your timed run to clean your shoe, Zayn." Harry reminded him.

"Plus, some hunting guns are pretty heavy. I know your upper body strength isn't the best." Harry teased.

"Fine, I just suck at everything. Happy?" Zayn asked.