<>12<>

"What the hell do I do?" Harry asked, his head in Ed's lap while Ed stroked his curls to comfort him.

He'd just told Ed all about what happened with Zayn, and desperately wanted answers.

He was still in his full uniform, and technically on duty.

Harry was stretched out on the couch, staring the ceiling while Ed stared at the television.

"Well...what do you want to do?" Ed asked.

"I want to know more about this. I want to know why he lied to me...and why he's still with that guy if all they do is fight. I mean...that can't be good for their son." Harry frowned.

"I think you deserve an explanation." Ed said.

"He offered one but...I left." Harry said quietly.

"I just felt so angry. I hate being lied to. Plus, what if he somehow wins my forgiveness? How can I trust him now?" Harry asked.

"I think you're over thinking this just a smidge. I mean...you've known this guy for a month and you have a little crush on him, Harry. You're acting as if you're in love with him." Ed scoffed.

"Yeah." Harry mumbled.

"Okay, I need to pee. So if you could get your fifty pound head off my lap that'd be great." Ed said after a long silence.

Harry sighed, sitting up.

After Ed left the lounge, Harry heard knocking at the door.

He slowly got up, shuffling over and opening the door.

"Zayn?"

"Hear me out, yeah? Look at this. I went and got them this morning and talked with a lawyer." Zayn said, handing him a large envelope.

Harry looked inside, frowning.

"Divorce forms? Why'd you bring these to me?"

"I wanted to show you that...I'm making an effort for you. I-I guess. I did a lot of thinking last night and I think it'd be best for me and Niall if I divorced Louis. Plus...I..kind of like you and I want things to be right." Zayn said.

"Tell me why you lied and said you were single." Harry said, folding his arms after handing the envelope back to Zayn.

"Because I didn't want you to lose interest in me. You're the first guy in a long time to....make me truly happy. Even if it was for just a short amount of time. I really like you." Zayn admitted shyly.

"Can you forgive me for lying? I don't want things to be awkward between us." Zayn said.

Harry stared at him for a moment. "I forgive you. And for the record, you're the first person in a long time that....I've had feelings for."

Zayn blushed, not able to keep eye contact for long.

"But I can't be with you. At least not until your divorce is final." Harry said, deciding that he wanted things to be right too.

No matter how nice Zayn's lips looked at the moment.

Zayn's heart sank. "What? But why?"

"It's wrong." Harry said, looking into his eyes.

"But it's the first time I've felt right." Zayn said, bravely stepping closer to him.

Harry swallowed, his eyes landing on Zayn's lips again.

"I get it. But...listen, I appreciate that you're trying to do the right thing now. And....I guess until the divorce is final we can just keep doing what we were doing before. Sort of like a...look but no touch type of deal." Harry said.