<>15<>

"What you did....was unacceptable." Harry scolded as he drove Zayn home later that night.

They'd been back to the station, and after a lot of talking with the chief, Zayn got to keep his job, and to Harry's disbelief, Zayn was even thanked for his careless actions.

"Chief didn't think it was unacceptable." Zayn smirked.

"Stop being angry about it, it's over." He chuckled casually.

Harry swallowed, gripping the wheel tighter. "I'm talking about what you did to me."

"Scared you?" Zayn asked, not understanding.

"Kissed me, Zayn." Harry said sharply.

"In front of those officers....they could say something to the chief that could get us both fired." Harry said.

"Everything you did tonight was absolutely reckless." He continued.

"It....It was just an in the moment thing. I didn't really mean to." Zayn tried to defend himself.

"Yeah? Well you did. And everyone saw." Harry sharply.

"You mean saw you kiss me back?" Zayn snapped.

"I didn't have a choice! You grabbed me!" Harry protested.

"Oh really? What happened to all that upper body strength you claim you have and I don't, hm? Why didn't you use your big strong muscles to push me away if you didn't want to kiss me?" Zayn asked.

Harry's jaw clenched, and he stared forward at the road.

"You totally kissed me back." Zayn said quietly, folding his arms.

"Maybe because I think you're sexy?" Harry snapped.

"I mean...so what? I kissed you back. It was an in the moment thing, remember?" Harry asked, unable to keep still now.

Zayn blushed a little, nibbling at his lower lip.

"Yeah. And the only reason I kissed you is because....you're hot when you're angry." Zayn shrugged, trying to be casual as well.

"Good." Harry nodded.

"I-I mean...right. Or-"

"Just shut up." Zayn laughed.

"Don't tell me to shut up. I'm in charge here, you're just the sidekick." Harry smiled.

"The sexy sidekick, yeah?" Zayn smirked.

"Sure." Harry said quietly.

"Your words, Officer Styles." Zayn shrugged.

"Yeah? Well keep your lips off of me, Officer Malik. We have an agreement, remember? You're not divorced yet." Harry said, parking in Zayn's driveway.

Zayn sighed quietly. "The last hearing is next week."

"Wait, really?" Harry asked, not meaning to sound so excited.

"To decide about Niall, yeah." Zayn said, looking at him.

"Oh." Harry said, also not meaning to sound so disappointed.

"The divorce probably won't be finalized for months, Harry. Maybe a year." Zayn said, noticing his tone.

"I know." Harry said, staring forward.

"Still wanna stick to the rules?" Zayn teased.

"It's not even about rules. It's right and wrong, Zayn. You'd be unfaithful to your husband if we...did anything else." Harry said.