<>6<>

By the end of the week, Zayn's paperwork was accepted and he was allowed to take the fitness test to become an officer.

He had a week before he was expected to do so, and Harry planned on getting him into shape to pass.

Well, good enough shape.

It was Saturday, and Zayn was waiting for Harry to pick him up to go to the gym.

Louis was home, and playing in the floor with Niall while Zayn was sitting on the sofa waiting.

"Never thought I'd see you going to the gym. I'm proud." Louis commented, helping Niall build a Lego tower.

"Well, that's why I get out of bed in the morning. To make you proud." Zayn said sarcastically.

"Good." Louis smiled, the two sharing a look that said they were only joking around.

Zayn heard a car pull up outside, quickly getting up from the sofa.

"I'll see you both later." He said.

"Bye daddy." Niall said, turning and watching him leave.

"Bye. I love you." Louis said after Zayn, making sure Niall was paying attention.

Zayn knew what Louis was doing, so he turned and smiled. "I love you too." He made himself say.

It wasn't that he didn't love Louis, but if Niall wasn't there, Zayn probably wouldn't have answered.

"Hi." Harry smiled, standing at the bottom of the steps as Zayn came outside.

"Hey." Zayn said, seeing that Harry had his hair pulled back into a bun, and wore a sweatshirt and gym shorts.

Zayn didn't understand why, but seeing Harry out of his uniform felt strange.

"You have to be able to run a half a mile for this test. You also need to be able to do a certain amount of pull ups to demonstrate upper body strength." Harry said as Zayn came down the steps.

"So...learning how to shoot a gun and all of that isn't important?" He asked skeptically.

"Oh, no, it is." Harry nodded. "But that comes after the fitness test. That's more...training than testing. I'll teach you that stuff, don't worry."

"So you're confident I'll pass this test?" Zayn asked.

"Well, yeah. I'm the one helping you, of course you will." Harry smirked.

"Let's go." He said before he turned and got back in the car.

Zayn glanced at Louis' car, assuming Harry hadn't noticed the fact that there were two cars in the driveway instead of one.

"I figured we could work on the pull ups today." Harry said as Zayn got in the car.

"Fun." Zayn said sarcastically.

After they got to the gym, Harry chose one of the bars attached to the wall, reaching up and gripping it.

"You just do this." He told Zayn as casually pulled himself up, his chin inches above the bar before he let go and dropped back to the floor.

"Seems easy enough." Zayn said as Harry stepped out of the way.

"Go ahead, then." Harry nodded.

Zayn confidently stepped up to the bar, gripping it tightly.

He tried to pull himself up, frowning as gravity kicked in and caused him to slip.

Luckily, Zayn landed on his feet.