Chapter 3

Alyssa walked into the McDonalds store, as she stood in line she was approached by a young man. Her black raven hair sat on her shoulders quite a contrast for someone with green eyes and a white complexion. The young man spoke, “Hi, how are you”.

“I’m good thank you”, she said disinterested, this a typical factor of her beauty, it attracted all kinds of guys. The man she was talking to was built in body and tall, his eyes were blue and his hair brown, his nationality was unknown to her but she could distinctly identify he was of Mediterranean descent. He was a very handsome man; she took a close look at identifying him, a pair of singlets and shorts, a Henleys brand infamous through the summer streets of Sydney West. His muscles bulged out of his arms and his toned chest was put out on show, he had a little stubble going on his chest; a pure look of masculinity, one that Alyssa appreciated, although, she wish she could say the same for  the rest of his body, arms and legs.

“Has anyone told you how pretty your are”, he complements.

Alyssa smiles, “Thank you for your complement, but sorry I’m not interested”.

“Please can we talk about it over some dinner, I like you a lot, your different from other girls, the way you speak, walk, act, and your whole lifestyle,” he adds.

“No thank you and you’re a bit too old for me anyway.”

“Okay I understand”, he mutters regretfully.

“I’m only 26”, he says.

“Well you’re like seven years older.”

“Fair enough,” he says apologetically. He smiles and departs the restaurant.

***

I finish my meal and walk out of the store, it’s Saturday night, I knew I should’ve drove here, what kind of her girl out of her right mind would walk to the restaurant at night time. Well it’s not far, a five minute walk and I should be safe and sound. I continue to walk towards home and then am encountered by a road detour on the highway, great now I have to walk from the back streets, not a nice experience given the fact its dark and mostly deserted. I trek through the dark street, I look around, a  paranoid feeling buzzes through my head as though I am being accompanied. I dismiss it as being my imagination. Jeez I should stop eating at night, this food is fucking up my brain. I continue on my so called adventure, as I continue to walk I hear footsteps behind me, I quicken my pace, power walking through the street, not far to go just one more street and I’m home. The footsteps behind me quicken pace as well, shit! This cannot be good. Everything I remembered for Year 12 self-defence rushed to my head, I was surprised I had a good memory.

Punch

Kick

Jab

Uppercut

Palm-to-nose

Knee kick...

I still hear the footsteps, I turn around anxiously, no fearful as to what might happen, I look back and see no one. Wooft! The coast is clear, it must have been my imagination or probably a nearby resident.

I turn around hastily attempting to continue my journey home. I freeze, petrified, there he is standing opposite me, the guy from the restaurant staring at me. I begin to run in the opposite direction faster and faster, hoping for a near sight of light, traffic or people for that matter. I run as fast as I can until I feel a heavy source on my body tackling me to the ground. I scream and struggle as much as I could only to be denied by this freak. A cloth is placed onto my mouth, its sweet scented, thinking it’s only to gag me. I continue to fight push him and kicking my le. “Shhh... Stop fighting Alyssa,” he hisses through his teeth. The strong smell becomes overpowering, I become tired, slowly fading into sleep, shit! Chloroform! I feel my body lifting into his arms, he places me in the back seat of his car, and I hear the loud engine and turbo enhancer come to life as he turns the key into ignition.