Chapter 36

***THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO THE ONE AND ONLY AKUC! Happy reading!***

He continues driving, me unknown of our whereabouts. Since our little incident this morning, the tension had been much more insouciant.

I survey the road passing many different homes, different people, all contrasted by their cultures, fashion, lifestyle and religion. It was amazing how the world was constructed from the various minds of individuals, how civilization itself had grown based on the depth and growth of the human centre, the brain. Everyone was different, that was what had made us unique. But this uniqueness was corrupt, positive and negative, a driving factor on how people interacted with each other and society.

I contemplated my life so far, if I had thought to myself one year ago that I'd be in this mess, I wouldn't have believed it, running away from the problem from the beginning, putting a halt on the flourishing relationship.

What was I doing here? I was driving around with him, taking me to God knows where! What would happen if I were to tell him I want to go home, stop seeing him, avoid him? Would he let me? He couldn't possibly let me escape, but how would I know until I've tried him.

I break the tension, unable to bear the hot summer heat, "Where are we going?"

"To a friend's house," he replies dryly.

I yawp towards him, his face serious, one hand, leaning on the door trim and the other controlling the steering wheel. He wore a tight white T-shirt, black cargo shorts, and Nike shoes. On his head he wore one of his infamous Nike Dry fit Cap. His ears were pierced but he never wore his earrings for some reason, the tissue barely healing. His face seemed distressed gazing afar, taking in the view of the road, transporting us to our destination.

"Why do I need to come?"

He turns his head and gawks for a second, scowling in the process almost as if I had asked a stupid question. "Because I wanted to bring you," he states authoritatively.

Nodding my head to his answer permitted to realise how pathetic this really was. Come on I was a young man, I wanted to go home, needed it.

"I want to go back home tonight," I revealed.

This had caused him to become agitated slightly, making the car drive on the middle of the road rather than the side. He didn't answer, he heard it, albeit, he didn't want to. I made sure to emphasise on my decision.

"I'm going home tonight Matt," I repeat.

"No," he says quietly.

"You can't do anything about it, it's my choice," I argue.

A sick smirk forms on his face.

He pats my leg awkwardly, "Ah... Danny Boy, honestly, you keep forgetting who you are talking to. I'm Matt, the guy that would go out of his way for you and do anything for you, but I'm also one of the biggest gang leaders in Australia, what I say goes."

I gulp hard. What was he attempting to say?

"What's your point?" I question bravely.

He seemed relaxed, almost as if he was speaking in a normal conversation, calm and succinct. "My point is that I can order people to go after you, take you and bring you to me, as well as asking them to torture you. Not hard fabricating a story, on how you joined a gang, you were a spy, overheard secrets, and reported us. Gang members will immediately come after you without even being told, it's part of our code of honour, going out of our way to protect our brotherhood."

"Would you come after me? Why? How could you be so cruel and selfish, I have a life you know?"

He chuckles. "You sound like some kind of pioneer who's ready to discover a new world secret or something. I said I wanted you to be with me for this period of time, and then after you can go back to your normal life, however, I'd still be part of it."