9. Befriend me

"How was your first day at school?" I'd barely been in my room five minutes before someone was knocking at my door. Part of me wanted to be left alone, I was exhausted after school but the larger part of me wanted company. I'd always stayed in a room with my mom so I wasn't used to having my own room. Also, being with others distracted me from missing her so much.

"Alright," I answered yanking open the door to allow Nico, Mitchell, Grey and Sawyer in.

"Truthfully," Mitch looked me straight in the eyes his voice commanding.

"Honestly," I reassured, "it wasn't that bad. This one girl Jenny was really annoying, she's genuinely obsessed with all of you, she wants me to invite you to a party on Friday. But this other girl Mina was so nice, she's in my art class."

"That's good," Sawyer agreed with a deep look into me to see if I was lying, he glanced away seemingly satisfied that I was being truthful.

"So are you?" Grey asked collapsing backwards onto my bed.

"Am I what?"

"Going to ask us to the party on Friday?" Grey wore a satisfied grin.

"I didn't think you'd want to go?" I shrugged one shoulder and played with a strand of hair.

"We can't let you go alone," Mitch said simply.

"So you'll go?" I was shocked, I thought they'd think a high school party was the most boring thing.

"Isn't that what I just said?" Grey teased.

"Just warning you Jenny will be like a rash on all of you the entire night," I cautioned.

"Is she hot?" Nico prompted.

"Could you be any more shallow?"

"Is she?"

"Depends," I shrugged, "I don't know what you define as hot."

"I gotta go," Mitch rose suddenly, "football practise, see you later."

"I didn't know you played," I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, Mitch had the body of an Olympic athlete.

"He's the linebacker," Nico informed me as Mitch smiled sheepishly, "best player on the team."

"I'd love to see you play sometime," I told him and could've sworn I saw his cheeks turn a shade pinker.

"Sure Cara," he gave my hair a friendly ruffle, "catch you later."

"Enjoy," I called as he left.

"What about you three?" I turned back to the others, "why aren't you on the football team?"

"Swimmer," Grey shrugged simply.

"Me too," Nico nodded, "and Mitch."

"What about you?" I turned to Sawyer.

"Sawyer runs but he's really the musical man," Nico butted in before Sawyer could say anything.

"Really?" I felt my eyes widen.

"Yeah he's insane on the piano and violin, don't let him tell you otherwise," Nico interjected again.

"So how good are you?" I tilted my head to one side and stared straight at Sawyer.

"Not as good as I'd like to be," Sawyer admitted honestly, holding my eye contact the whole time.

"Do you know what I'm not good at?" Grey announced snapping my focus away from Sawyer, "chemistry and I've got a paper to hand in tomorrow so how about you help me Nic, cause I'm gonna fail."