32. Feed me

"How I about this," I spin round in my seat, "because you all look like you just ate a bag full of lemons we go somewhere to cleanse your palette. Somewhere with no tiny calorie free appetisers but something that packs a punch?"

"That's perfect because it can be goodbye celebration too as we're all leaving tomorrow," Mitchell agreed eagerly.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows, I was annoyed at my heart for panicking at the sound of this.

"It's October half term," Mitch explained.

"That means no school," Nico rolled his eyes at me so I swatted him playfully with the back of my hand.

"No fighting children," Grey reprimanded teasingly as he steered us back towards Kings Bridge.

I'd forgotten that Kings Bridge wasn't their full time home like it was mine and that half term meant more than a week off school, it signified a return to their real homes. They would all be leaving me. The entire inside of my body sank down to the floor.

"So you're all going to be gone for the week?" I clarify trying to keep my disappointment out of my voice. I'd had such high hopes for half term and the five of us being able to spend so much time together.

"Yep," Grey sounded even less pleased than I was, "I'm being forced to join the family on one of Jordan's signing tours where he goes around and basks in the love of his fans and let's his ego triple in size. While maybe signing the occasional football shirt."

"Sounds fun," I try to make my voice cheerful but Grey only gives me a gaze of burning coals.

"Sawyer is going to be having way more fun, he's going to Mexico," Grey switched the topic too noticeably.

"You're going to Mexico?" I cried, how could I not know this.

"Yeah," Sawyer shrugged casually like this was no big deal, "my parents love travelling, they want to visit every country in the world before they die."

"Wow," I shook my head trying to imagine what the world was like outside of the states I'd been trapped in my whole life, "anyone else going anywhere?"

"Argentina," Nico grins, "visiting family there."

"New York," Mitch adds nonchalantly, "my dad has business to do there and he's taking me with him," he makes air quotations "'to experience the working world' how fun!" He rolls his eyes dramatically to go with his sarcastic tone.

"I would love to go to New York," longing drops off my every word.

Though I know they don't mean to their complaining is really getting to me. I know their lives aren't perfect but they get to travel to amazing places and see wonderful things and experience so many new places yet they seem to take that all for granted. To them being able to jet off in a plane to wherever you point your finger on the map is a normal thing, not something people spend their lives saving up for or, like me, will probably never be able to do. It seems sometimes that they complain when they forget all they have to be excited about.

"California Pizza Kitchen?" Grey suggests and my attention goes back to the road to notice we're on longer heading back in the direction of Kings Bridge.

Ruin MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara