Chapter 8: Playmates

They devoured their food. Guess I did a good job. "Alpha!" We all looked up at a tall brunette. "Alpha Jackson wants to speak with you." Ryder sighed and dismissed him.

"I'll come with." They both looked up at me in surprise. "I'm part of this too now, right?"

Both boys grinned at me and Ryder nodded. Finishing my food I looked down at my pjs and snarled hair. Ryder was the same way.

He looked over at Alec. "Have one of the girls bring her clean clothes." Alec nodded as Ryder took my hand and lead me up the stairs. "You can use my shower. I'll go use another one." Kick him out of his bathroom?

"That's okay. It's your bathroom. I'll be fine." I promised.

Ryder put his hands on my shoulders. "And by that I mean I'm not letting you go into another man's room and shower." Oh. That made more sense.

Kissing the top of my head he grabbed a set of jeans and tee and left.

I waited a few minutes but no one seemed to be coming so I reluctantly got in the shower. I was very thankful that he had neutral soaps like honey oatmeal and not that axe crap.

Wrapping in a plush towel, I caught sight of my reflection and sighed. Scars. Dozens of them. Even more under the towel. All those fights, but I always scraped by.

How will Ryder look at these scars? Will they bother him? I probably look like broken merchandise. Usually it's all covered. I hope the girl brings long clothes.

Walking back into the bedroom the clothes sat on the bed. Funny, I didn't hear her come in.

Lucky for me she brought jeans and a baggy sweatshirt. They fit pretty well. The jeans hugged my hips and thighs before flavoring out at the knee. The sweatshirt was two sizes too big so the sleeves scrunched up a bit and it hung down to my thighs.

Grabbing my ponytail holder I threw my wet hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs.

Ryder, Alec, Ryan and a few others were scattered around waiting. Oops. Ryder looked up at me and smiled. He looked good in his jeans and fitted band tee. "Ready?" I nodded taking his hand.

We walked out to the far north where a small group stood waiting. The center man was tall with a little grey in his darker salt and pepper hair.

When he turned I found myself grinning. He nodded to Ryder before catching sight of me and grinning as well.

The men all turned and smiled at me. Letting go of Ryder's hand I ran. Over and jumped into his hug. "Alpha Gale!" No way! I didn't think anything of it when they said Alpha Jackson.

"Red my girl! What are you doing here?" He wondered setting me down.

Ryder was there in an instant. "Alpha Jackson?" He questioned, securing an arm tightly around my waist as Alec came to standing my other side.

Alpha Gale rose an eyebrow at me in question and I mentally face palmed. "Alpha Ryder." The two nodded at each other.

"Where are Jackie and the boys?" I wondered and he shook his head smiling.

"Jackie's mated to a Beta now, keeping him in line. Jace is running late, he'll be taking over in about a year, and the twins are up to who knows what." We laughed at the possibilities those troublemakers could be up to.

"Red?!" Looking behind Gale, Jace stood with a grin. He had the same dark hair, dark eyes and dimples but he had filled out.

Breaking Ryder's grip I ran over. Jace lifted me up twirling me around. "It is you! Where have you been you little devil?!" A deep growl interrupted us and Jace frowned setting me down. "What's his problem?" I looked over at Ryder as Alec struggled to hold him back.